1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Forum RPGs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NekoHennuli, Apr 12, 2010.

1. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I'll participate too.

2. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Count me in ;)

I will try to play this,
    and if I fail, I will kill myself ;)

3. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

I don't know about the interesting part, but I'm trying really hard. ^^'

And yeah.. About that.. I had really, and I mean REALLY rough day yesterday, and I've been feeling terribly for the last three weeks, so I just seeing such a criticism about my beloved characters made me mad. You know, my characters are like babies to me, and you would get mad, if someone would said that your child is reterted, am I right?
    And my characters may sound stupid, because you haven't been in the game with me, wacthing how they grow and develop. So unless you know as much as I do about my characters, then don't say nothing, since I'm not saying that your child is retarted.

And yes, I'm sorry, I overreacted, happy now?

I don't know about this forum's RPGs, but the one's I've been playing have been something more than just failures. It's true that my past game's didin't last lonng, but at least we had one, and we had great players, and that is the most important thing in FRPGs.

Like I said earlier, you haven't been there with me, so you have no idea, what kind of characters I had in the first place. I have only given you about 5% of their total info, so unless you know my characters better than me, then you can say bad things about them.

Have you seen Ginga Nagareboshi Gin anime? The admin of the Tsukiharu was a huge fan of GNG, and took some articles from it to the game. That's why we had two animal packs in war. If you something to nagg about it, then take it to icu-san! I didn't make Tsukiharu, so don't nagg to me.
    About Judy.. The whole idea about her is thanks to Guitar Hero III. I was drinking with my friends, and I was playing GH with my ex as a co-op career, and we had really fun. And since I was the bass player and a woman (=Stupid). It started when my ex asked that, why we have so gay looking guitar player in our band, (He was using random character), and I said back that we must have really gay manager. And then we both watched our friend, who is HC yaoi fan. After that we started to think, what would it be if I really had a band, and then we had an idea that why donät we make one to EP.
    The whole band was a joke in the first place, and we made characters sound stupid, because it was just for laughs. But people liked them!
    I don't even start with Miyuki, since she's my dearest, and she doesn't have to take shit from someone who doesn't know her at all.

And for your information:
    I've been A student of writing for the past 15 years now, so don't tell me I can't make stories, since you have never read one of mine.

About 5-10 (ACTIVE!) members would be enough for the start.

Yay, another one!

You can't never know unless you try, am I right? :3

Yay! I guess I have to start make the forum. :3

Great!

4. sensei

sensei Active Member

Everyone has their bad days, not a problem at all^^

So...now you're making a new forum for a new frpg, right? What will it be about? You mentioned pokémon earlier, so it'll be a pokémon role play? That's fine with me, if you need some help or advice for the story and the rules, don't hesitate to contact me^^

Anyway, it's really cool that we got enough players with motivation in here. Don't worry if you're playing FRPG for the first time, it's actually pretty easy and you'll get the hang of it fast enough.

5. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

i wanna join too:D, i tried this before but it didnt get far.

6. NekoHennuli

Yes, it's a Pokémon game. Since Pokémon is world wide phenomenon, it's easier to get players and make stories.
    I've been doing the forum for over four hours now, and Kanto region is almost ready.

Yay! ^^

7. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Not exactly an FRPG, but I've had experience in those kinds of things.

Mafiareturns.com, if any of you have heard of it, I've spent countless hours every night of the latter half of my high school years.

If anyone's starting one, I am interested to join, regardless of who thinks it's a dumbass idea. I'm sure it'll be fun.

8. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Hm..Pokémon. In my experience it's quite a restrictive setting for Role Playing, but I'm willing to try it.

9. NekoHennuli

Thanks guys. ^^

10. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

I'd like to join but if it is pokemon the only issue I see is if a battle occurs how do you keep it fair?

11. tarotmaniac

if its pokemon, so we are trainers and we go capture pokemon? explain to me the mechanics pls, if there are already mechanics that is :D

12. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

quite frankly I'd rather be a pokemon and not a trainer. I'd want to be a wild Raichu.

13. tarotmaniac

it could be like pokemon dungeon explores rather than the normal pokemon game. :))

14. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

nah I like the idea of teasing trainers. hehe.... I'd be the only Raichu that wouldn't attack the pokemon the trainer sends out but the trainer themselves XD well not all the time...

15. tarotmaniac

reminds me of Ash's Pikachu from the beginning of the series or like his Charizard =))))

16. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

hehe early pokemon seasons were the best. I'd have some nasty tricks for trainers trying to catch me.

17. sensei

sensei Active Member

That's what a game master is for. He reads your actions and decides which one is successful and which ones fails. I know it sounds somewhat subjective, but there is also the possibility to go with classic pen&paper rules.(You know, having stats and stuff and calculating damage, hit rate and so on. It's a bit of number work, but some people call it more fair)

It depends on what NekoHennuli has planned. I myself would copy the real pokemon game's system and add some role play flavor to it, so it makes sense in the frpg.

Btw. I actually think it is not really a good idea to let the players choose pokemon as characters. I mean, a trainer would be bound to their pokemon to get in action while a pokemon itself can just do anything it wants. And that's a chaos factor...that actually adds some nice feeling to the role play, but only if it doesn't end in an disaster, which it often does.

But if it's going to be like the dungeon explorer games, then it's obviously okay.

18. NekoHennuli

With the normal FRPG battle rules. =P

You can play as a trainer, Pokémon, villain or league member (Gym leader, Elite Four member, Champion). The choice is yours.
    That is exactly what I'm doing. ^^'

19. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Yes. Exactly how I'd want it done, free. The way I see it going, the battles won't be that big. I mean, to you, what would a defeat warrant? It's not like you'll lose cash or like you have a save game or record to maintain. The story is what I hope will go well and the character interaction.

20. tarotmaniac

i think I'll be a trainer. Not much happens when your a league member unless someone challenges you but if i were to be i would want to be a Frontier Brain. Are they playable characters too? I noticed they werent in the parenthesis.