1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash Carts: A Guide to What to Avoid and What to Buy

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by LuckyTrouble77, Jun 9, 2010.

1. summerxxxx1

summerxxxx1 Well-Known Member

sorted lol

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you'll have to hunt around for private sellers to find those. The original CycloDS should actually still be pretty easy to find, but the rest will definitely take some work (especially the AKRPG, which is a coveted cart these days). Remember, nobody ever said being a collector was easy. Just look around on boards like GBAtemp, and you may find a seller eventually. Every now and again, somebody decides to just get out of the flash cart game entirely, and they sell off their collections. Those are the times you'll need to be watching for.

I'm glad you got that one sorted yourself, since having you figure it out was going to be about all I could do for you. PayPal is quickly disappearing as an option from most sites, so finding one that still uses PayPal and can get you what you want is pretty great.

3. damok

damok Member

are there any r4 3ds cards on the market that will play actual 3d roms yet?

4. LuckyTrouble77

Nope. Probably won't be for a long while, if ever, provided that future hacks decide to go that route.

5. Zeph101

Zeph101 New Member

So I was just wondering and sorry for adding to the chorus of what must sound like a broken record at this point, why exactly is this? It's been nearly two years, is it really an almost impossible system to create a flash cart for? Could it be that the community is stumped on how to do it, or is that maybe there is no one really actually trying?

6. LuckyTrouble77

What has to be understood is that as we see DS flash carts now is far from where DS flash carts used to be. We've only had flash carts in such a convenient way for about three years now. The DS has been out since 2004. We barely had the ability to run DS homebrew via passcard and old GBA flash kits in about mid-2005 to 2006. By late 2006, we started seeing solutions that were exclusively slot-1, and from there, flash carts simply improved to about that 2009 area, where we essentially hit a static point where not much more improvement could realistically be made. I mean, we have the DSTwo, but that was ultimately just better for the homebrew scene until it proved to be reliable for updating past new system updates.

That was about three years to get anywhere remotely good and somewhat simple, and that was on a something made with hardware that was easy to sell at a reasonable price in 2004. The 3DS has been out about a year and a half, and work is slow. Progress isn't easy on security in systems these days. I mean, look at 360 hacks: they're rather complex on hardware originating pre-2005. Look at the PS3: we still don't have a reliable hacking method for above 3.55. Hacking consoles of any kind is simply becoming more difficult. The 3DS is being worked on quite a bit, I can guarantee it. It'll just take some time. Patience is a virtue in the hacking scene, as much now as ever.

7. Zeph101

Zeph101 New Member

Wow, thanks for the info. You really explained quite well the situation we're in. Anyone who ever asks something along these lines or complains about a lack of a 3DS flash cart should be redirected to your post. Really thanks for explaining this to me and everyone else who may be lurking like I was :D

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Can someone strike out the Acekard 2i?
    The team is dead.

9. Silentexe

Silentexe Active Member

http://www.ge.ndsi.in/
    not sure what to put here, I kind of like the flash cart, it seems updated quite regularly.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Last updated in 2012.
    It doesn't support 3DS 4.5 and it's a clone of multiple cards.

11. Niceneasy92

Niceneasy92 New Member

Would some one here happen to be able to point me to a trustworthy seller of Supercard DSTwo's? I'm terrified I'll end up buying a junk card. Edit: Actually, if there is an official homepage for it, that would be awesome too. I found this: ht tp://eng.sup ercard.sc/ but I dunno if that's an actual official site or not.

12. Alias1983

Alias1983 Well-Known Member

http://eng.supercard.sc/dealer.htm

13. roee

roee Member

I got mine from http://www.r4flashcart.com/10-supercard-dstwo-flashcart-for-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-ds-lite.html the site is reliable, I have never had a problem with anything from them

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

then no, it does not support the latest 3ds firmware, and given how long ago the last update was, the cart is probably abandoned.

15. ulongilaw

ulongilaw New Member

Aside from SUPERCARD DSTWO, what other flashcarts can operate as a media player?

16. Loonylion

all flashcarts can run moonshell.

17. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I think he means what firmware can also be used as a media player.
    eg. He does not need to run moonshell.

18. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

The acekard team seems to be dead too.. It sucks that I haven't had an update for my Acekard 2i for months now, I really want to use the nintendo e-shop on my 3DS... :/
    Why are you still recommending the Acekard 2i when you took the cyclo ds off the list for the same reason as what's happend with the acekard team?

19. Loonylion

cyclods never supported 3ds

20. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

Neither does the acekard 2i now.. Looks like AKIAO are pretty much dead now to..