1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash Cards

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Myame, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of getting this
    http://sky2k.com/shop/ncard-16gb-p-272.html
    Should I?

2. Myame

Myame Member

Not sure, but I'm not thinking it's what you may be thinking...

1 Gigabit is not 1 gigabyte... Wikipedia say's:
    Abbreviation No. of megabytes Usage
    gigabytes GB (Note: capital "B") 1000 Computer storage (eg 500 GB hard disk)
    gigabytes GB (Note: capital "B") 1024 Computer storage (eg 4 GB RAM)
    gigabit Gb (Note: lowercase "b") 125 Network throughput (eg 1 Gb/s data transfer rate)

If ya already knew that, or if it was just mislabeled... Well then I don't have a clue.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's a relatively unknown flashcart. I'd go with something that's known to work good like the R4DS.

4. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

Yes the r4ds is great and do not go with the ds-x at the moment even if they look great there having alot of problems your best flashcarts would either be the supercards or the r4ds at the moment

5. Adnan1992

I talked to my ICT teacher about this and he's a game freak. He said that 16giga bits adds to 2 Gigabytes. Oh well. This thing has a garantee, if its not what i'm looking for then I'll send it back. any way my budget is $60, (£30, I live in england :)) Can I have a link to reccomended flash carts.( or whatever they're called.)

6. Myame

Myame Member

www.realhotstuff.com

This is where I got my R4 and the 1GB Kingston..for exactly 60$. I've been very happy with it so far and I can't recall having a problem with it. As for the one you were looking at, I wouldn't trust the 'guarantee' to save you if it's not what you want... When everyone is telling you NOT to get something (in every thread you asked), they usually have a pretty good reason.

7. Adnan1992

Yeah i'm now gonna get an R4. Thank for you help Myame! ;D. Sorry for being a noob at this stuff :'(