1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Flash Cards

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Myame, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

www.getafirstlife.com

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I showed you that! I get credit!

3. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

I downloaded it, and played it for a few minutes but Teen first life is boring. Even though i gained half a million dollars, and owned Microhard, i couldn't fornicate because i was underage. =|

4. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

I Ordered The R4 Yesterday Afternoon And It Came Today!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Seph

That's pretty neat customer service! I got my Wiikey in 7 days (but it had to be flown from Hong Kong to Denmark, and it was weekend and national holiday the last 3 days. :p)

6. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

Have Fun With It :)

7. Seph

Haven't got the proper soldering iron yet, going out to buy it today, contact points are damn tiny.

8. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

Sounds Technical, Somebody Who Has An R4 Whats The Difference Between Fat16 And Fat32? And When You Update Do You Just Put The Files In The Root Of Your Sd?

9. Loonylion

The difference between fat16 and fat32 is the way the clusters are allocated. Fat16 only has 16bit allocation tables, which limits the number of files in the root dir to 256, and also the maximum size of the disk (512MB from memory). In addition, space is wasted due to the inefficient allocation of clusters. Fat32 has 32-bit allocation tables, which removes these problems, and increases the maximum filesize to 4GB and the maximum disk size to around 130GB (from memory). it supports filenames longer than 8.3 characters (unlike fat16) and wastes less space due to a larger allocation table allowing for more efficient allocation of clusters.

10. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

Ok.. So Whats Better? Lol ;)

11. Loonylion

fat32 without a doubt.

12. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Yeah i'm with loonyloo on this one. Fat32 also allows you to have longer sleep times for some reason. ???

13. Loonylion

If that is true its coincidence; not design

14. stevo11185

stevo11185 Well-Known Member

i got my R4 a little while ago but havent got a chance to test it because i havent got a micro sd yeet. its a kingston so should be quite good

15. Valkerion

Valkerion Well-Known Member

Hey guys I was thinking about getting into this whole flash cart thing but i wanted to know whats best to use (keep hearing R4) and what exactly all i will need. I dont want to get ripped off and or buy something just to be missing a super improtant part. Also im looking for something easy enough to use, im really bad with computers im not gonna lie haha so i try to stay away from stuff like soldering or w/e its called. ect. So im seeking something drag and drop (the only thing i know how to do)

anyway.

From my "research" in the last about 9 hours (7 i was asleep :p) I think all i need is:

A: A R4/M3 simply/ DS-X
    B: A SD card or w/e their called for R4/M3

this is what I was looking at buying. Its a R4 + a 1GB micro SD card.
    http://www.modchipstore.com/R4-R4DS-DS-Simply-Slot-1-solution-homebrew-backups-microsd-16425.html

If I buy the above thats ALL i need right? I just wanna be 100% on this.

I was thinking about getting a DS-X just cause it looks super simple but the price+hearing current problems with it has turned me away very quick.

16. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

Yes valk all you will need is an R4 and a microsd card if you looking at how the games would be put on look at the tutorial on the R4 that is on this forum =D

17. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Yeah get an R4, but order your microSD card from Meritline. it has free shipping to US, and the card is Japanese, and only costs $12. Site: http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/kingston-1gb-micro-sd-card.html

18. Valkerion

i dunno maybe my math is off or something but.

$40+about $10 for shipping + $11 for card + about $10 more if i want them to arrive at the same time = more than just grabbing a bundle for $63 including 2nd day shiping.

also newegg or something has a sale going for the 1GB cards for $8

i dunno

oh and i dont plan on buying from that site, just a refrence

19. Valkerion

bought my R4 today, hopefully it wil get here by Saturday, got 2nd day shipping. And its only from New Jersey to Georgia so it should be quick, only about 10 hours away driving so shipping should be quick.

20. KMC

KMC Well-Known Member

Newegg does have it for $9 but it has $5 shipping. This deal is good if you live in the US, otherwise go with Newegg.