1. This forum is in read-only mode.

First time help with emulation

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Imdatboi, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Imdatboi

Imdatboi New Member

I've downloaded a download manage (The chrono one) and downloaded Animal Crossing: Wild World. I also opened it in 7-Zip and... Help.

[​IMG]

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Use WINRAR v.5.0 or newer.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

prec, that doesn't matter anymore.

The .nds file is not an archive and has been associated with 7zip by mistake. extract it from the 7z file it is in and then drag the nds file onto your emulator.

4. Prectorian

Ah... silly me. I thought he couldn't unRAR it. :p
    Yes, yes, if that's the case, then just drag that .nds file and place it in the SD Micro to play or open using an emulator.

5. criscoh88

criscoh88 New Member

Im not really positive if this is the same issue ive been having as well. I keep downloading files and my PC recognizes them as Applications. I open them using 7z and extract files but they are just a bunch of data files. (im looking for .z64 files) ive tried a couple of different downloads and all give me the same outcome.

Its been a while since ive been on here so maybe something changed with how you rom that im not keen to anymore.
    thanks

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

only n64 roms will have .z64 files in the archive.

7. criscoh88

criscoh88 New Member

@Loonylion what i am saying is when i try to download an n64 rom the archive i receive from romulation is missing a .z64 file. Here is an image to further explain:

[​IMG]

cruis'n exotica.exe is what i recieve from romulation.
    When ran i get a corrupt missing data error.
    When opened with 7z this is what i get. no .z64 to be found.

8. Prectorian

You must have clicked the wrong button. It should have been "cruis'n exotica.7z" not give you "cruis'n exotica.exe".

[​IMG]

9. criscoh88

criscoh88 New Member

10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Theres nothing wrong with your pc,it must be your internet connection use a download manager like Flashget or IDM to download this rom(.rar or .7zip format file)
    Then open rom archive with WinRAR or 7zip.