1. This forum is in read-only mode.

First thing you hate about school

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AhsanShawl, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Scent

Scent Active Member

My Social Studies teacher. Ugh, she's boring! :-\

2. 6Toushiro9

6Toushiro9 Well-Known Member

thing i hate about school?? SCHOOL

3. nicohoot2007

nicohoot2007 Active Member

Bullies - I was one of them but now I'm starting to hate them for real!

and the 2nd thing i hate is the class subjects, I'm fund of cutting classes luckily i still pass the grades. :)

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Actually, Cahos, most colleges in the U.S. do offer the General Subjects in their curriculum very much like what you have (and I used to be in..) in the Phils. But, it's mostly for the community colleges. (speaking through experience in both worlds)

The whole system is very similar, however; you spend two years studying the general subjects encompassed by your chosen course, after which you can transfer to a higher University and study the more advanced subjects tailored specifically for your course.

This is all optional of course. You could just directly go to the higher Universities and go through your 4 years there. But personally, I think going through Comm. College is easier and less stressful.

So to follow the topic...
    The only thing I hate about school is juggling your personal, business and educational life all at the same time! (I am NOT a fan of Multi-tasking)

5. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

Hah... regarding bullies, all i can say is this: karma :)

I was addicted to cutting classes... the waitress in a bar near school was so damn hot

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Hey thanks for the input toffster92. At least from what you said the general subjects you'd be taking are related to your course per se, I mean where does "Values Education" or Good Morals & Right Conduct" connect with Physics? Or, where does Arts & Philosophy connect with IT Courses? I tell you, most Universities here, including mine have Curricula that are like 50 or so years old. They don't even change or modernize it to encompass the more newer & more relevant stuff there are out there.

When I was still earning my college degree I had three classes that the college department who was supposed to be holding them have long since dropped said classes, but my college department had not changed the curriculum to reflect that. Me & my fellow students of my degree had to request the department to open up a class for a program they have long since abandoned simply because our department wouldn't change our curriculum to suit our needs.

7. ultra

ultra Guest

that they do not teach you what they should teach you.

8. err

err Well-Known Member

The homework, no doubt about it.

9. TaylorWho

TaylorWho Active Member

The people.

10. Deathpi

Deathpi Member

lectures definitely. i get bored and do some pencil spins

11. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Lack of quality sluts and drugs.

12. SpooferJahk

SpooferJahk Member

For me it would be the idiotic students that do not have a clue on what to do, yet it is clearly shown in front of them, homework in some cases, some of my teachers, and the students in my school that are full of themselves and think they are god. I hate those people, it is annoying to have them make fun of me and criticize me for not having a girlfriend and being a Drama geek instead of a sports nut, there is something called being an individual, being that shows that you are not the sheep that blindly follow the wrong paths. Enough of my rant on idiots in school, time to work on that diploma that I am getting in 33 days so I can go to college and get myself into a good future.

13. Canoso777

Canoso777 Well-Known Member

Everything, Im just Going to School Cuz I have friends There, HomeWorks, Tests, Bad Notes, Your Father Killing your Ass... Teacher that Want to Ruin All your life.... Just Everything lol

But, What I hate most of School? HomeWorks, Life would be perfect Without Homeworks.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Just so you know, school & home work is training. It is preparing you for the more hectic life in the real world. The only main difference is you don't get paid doing school &/or home work.

If you'll be happy flipping burgers all day when you're 30 go right ahead & don't hone up to your studies :p

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Only problem I had with school (when I finally got to the one I wanted to go to) was the fact that 95% of the other pupils were idiots with a serious attitude problem.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

*Sigh*

That's always the case with prestigious schools, since every student there are over achievers they tend to want to kill each other off.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they werent over achievers, a large proportion were barely literate. The problem was most of them came from deaf families, which gave them the attitude that the hearing world owed them everything and that they were the 'pure' deaf people. I was bullied because I came from a hearing family and wasn't born deaf, hence I talked rather than signed (never mind the fact that the school rules insisted that you talk). I never fitted in with them, but I didnt care because I went to that school for the education (best in grammar school for the deaf in the country, if not the world). I had my own little circle of friends anyway. The one thing that kept me going was the knowledge that those elitests were in for one hell of a nasty shock when they eventually left the school.

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Eh?

So it's just like any school setting then?

I guess that's pretty much the norm on the lower brackets in Education, you showing some sign of being different or an individual instantly marks you as an outcast. Good thing it gets better when you get into higher Education where people notice you more for your achievements, not for what they may perceive you to be.

19. drteletubbie

drteletubbie Well-Known Member

The stress and drama.

20. captain james

captain james Well-Known Member

my school is made of cardboard
    if there is a fight there is always someone that gets pushed through the wall lol