1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fire Emblem

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by King Cookie, Aug 10, 2010.

1. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Didn't played most SNES FEs because of the graphics... lol no joke here.

I confess that I was never a fan of strategy games, until I played FE 7 (the first one in the US).

I kinda liked the battles animations and the story. When i saw Jafar Critical Silence, Lyns Criticals and The swords master class critical hits i was like , OMFG I love that game. (no joke!)

Then I loved the story and beat FE 7, than FE6... followed by FE 8.

Tryed playing the first games but the animations didn't impressed me. FE4 was interesting, but the whole pair up stuff and the big open stages made me quit the game.

FE DS is what it is. A poor remake of a really old game.
    They barely bored to change the script at all, so we have to play a game with the script and plot of a really outdated game. The 3D animations and pretty much the critical s and etc were a poorly an non-action way to see things. When I saw the amazing swordmaster attack to be reduced to idiot 3d animation I shut down the game to never play it again.
    Not forgetting that they broke the biggest tabu in the FE series, that was the challenge to beat the game without a single character dead. Not only by forcing you to kill a lot of characteres to get some new ones, but also the fact that you had to sacrifice one in the beginning of the game (when I actually, wanted to sacrifice that idiot that suggested you to do that).

About the GC ones, even if I saw nothing amazing, I liked Path of Radiance. To bad that Dolphin can't emulate it properly and some end game stages can't be beaten ... make me wish I had a cube/wii now....

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I've been vigorously flamed at a few other places for saying otherwise lol (those guys crack me up).
    I havn't played it yet aswell.

Who would? it's just a worthless addition. Why not try to include supports or something, it would have had a much more meaningful impact on the game.
    SD was the first time where i didn't care about losing units lol, none have any character and were just the same as all the others.

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to let me know all the english fire emblem games?
    And the translations if any.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Graphics whore! :p And yeah, no joke too :p

5. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I just remembered that moment, that stupid dork..
    http://grandbell.net/
    oh, still exists.

6. Avatar33

I Love FE. I am currently replaying the sacred stones for like the 8th time and its the best

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Ive managed to find all versions in english except:
    fe4 - genealogy of the holy war - SNES
    fe5 - thracia 776 - SNES

Anyone know a link to pre patched games?

8. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Shadow Dragon gave you no reason to care about the characters as they were shoving new ones down your throat just about EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER. And after their three lines, they disappear, never to be relevant storywise again.

9. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Hahahaha
    But yeh, that was the reason I quit the DS game as well.

Thats why I say that the FE DS is just a bad remake of a outdated game.
    The character Development was one of the highlights of the series, they could at the very least, had re-written the story for the remake.

10. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

hmm Fire emblem sounds cool im thinking about trying the ds version can anyone give me a link ?

11. King Cookie

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

The 2d graphics/sprites they had with the gba games just perfectly fits the series (especially on a handheld), i wish they had just used those and given everything a higher resolution instead.
    It look and feels too clunky during the battle scene in SD (and even more so in PoR, you just had to turn off the animation, much too slow).

13. King Cookie

I always turn off the animation. Just a personal preferences, because after awhile it gets old and the battle seem to move really slow.

I'm interested to see what they do with the series on 3DS.

14. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I usually turn it off if there is too many rubble to fight through only, but i turn it back on when it's a boss fight because you can sometimes hear a small conversation between them before the battle starts (if the unit you're using has some kind of connection to the boss).

No remakes will be enough to make me happy.