1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Finding the PSP for me?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Inunah, May 27, 2010.

1. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

This is where I don't agree.
    First off, it's just a 1000. The number at the end just means where the PSP is from.
    Second off, PSP 2K is way superior to the 1K. Better emulation, charging through USB, double the RAM, much better screen display and more. Some people say 3K is better than a 2/1K but I haven't got my hands on a 3K to say for myself.
    If you find an old black 2K, you can check if it's fully hackable just by the date code behind the battery. Others, you can tell by the boxing, etc.
    Enjoy not being able to use a pandora.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

first of all, why cant i use pandora, i dont get it, i use my card like this and i am totally able to use pandora, i have my psp with custom firmware, and second, yes, the psp 2000 series is better, but not all of them are hackable, so if u buy the 2000 u need to make sure it is hackable. while the 1000 series all of them are hackable and the 3000 series only reads homebrews, so it is not really recomended if u are going to use custom firmware, so if ur using custom fw its better the 1000 series, just to be 100% sure its hackable

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

3000's can run iso's, it's just a temp hack, needs enabling constantly.

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I bet you speed read a lot like I do.

5. iluvfupaburgers

lolz, yeah, didnt notice that until now.... :)

6. deanalexander

deanalexander Well-Known Member

Oh you can use it? It was to my understanding that you only can use official memory cards not a 2-in-1 or anything over the size of 4GB.
    This is where I don't agree, again.
    PSP 1000 are just outdated (so are the 2000's but it's much better than a 1000). I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy carrying around a brick with me. It may feel like the best option to take, being all the motherboards fully hackable but it is not.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I have a 1000 and a 2000 (hackable model, the Daxter Ice-Silver version). Both have Custom Firmware installed. My 1000 has 5.00 M33-6 and the 2000 has 5.50-GEN D3.

I like my 1000 better. It feels a lot sturdier, runs just fine, plays all the emulators I want it to.
    The 2000 is good as well, but it is lighter and makes it feel more fragile.

There isn't anything bad about the 1000. You refer to it as "outdated" but really the newer ones are just built cheaper. The 2000 has a little bit more RAM, but I haven't ran into any issues with that. Maybe my 2000 can run a few games as CSOs that my 1000 can't, but big deal. My 1000 can still play 32MB GBA games without having all the RAM as the 2000.

If you are looking for a PSP to run homebrew, a good conditioned 1000 is your best bet, pretty much no matter what you do to it software-wise it's recoverable.

I like my PSPs, but without homebrew capabilities, I honestly think they are a waste of money.

8. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Nah Tirith,the 1000 is too chunky and heavy.

And I use 2 x 8gb sd cards in the pro duo adaptor.

And it would have to be a complete idiot that sells a working and flashed PSP for $50.My wife sold my spare one to her friend son for around $60,and I wasnt too happy.....

9. iluvfupaburgers

I agree with this, i like more the 1000 because it is heavier, allowing me to have a better grip on it, and i just like how it feels on the hands, the 2000, and 3000 feel too cheap. but i guess it depends on the person

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Even if the 1000 is outdated, the Custom Firmware for it is not. It's one of the best.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Sure is.

Even though it's not updated often, there are plenty of new patches and cracks coming out for games almost every day.

12. iluvfupaburgers

i have to agree with these two statements

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, there are new patches that come out a lot more often now I have been noticing.

And there are newer exploits for the 6.20 OFW that make some emulators playable! ;D

http://pspslimhacks.com/papaton-2-exploit-hbl-rev-0-85-released-homebrew-on-psp-go/

14. iluvfupaburgers

also the psp 1000 is more durable, i one of the first 1000 psp that came out and it is still in mint condition eventhough it has fallen lots of times and been hit (not on purpose) and ive seen many cases that the psp 2000 umd tray breaks after using alot. also i believe the 1000 series has more homebrews supported for it than the 2000. and yes, the 2000 has a brighter screen, but on the custom firmwares there is an option to turn the psp 1000 screen to 2000 screen

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Not true at all.

It just depends on the firmware that you are using. :p
    Anything that the PSP 1000 can use, so can the 2000, but a lot faster at times, like loading speeds for emulators.

16. iluvfupaburgers

i said this because ive seen certain homebrews that say they only support on psp phat, or others that say on psp slim, and some files on those folders are different

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No.
    The PSP 1000 Memstick is setup the exact same way as the PSP 2000. ;)

The only difference is the speed at which some homebrew runs. Slim Exclusives run slower on Phats because of less ram.

I don't see why some are made soley for the 1000 and not the 2000 as well...
    Examples if you will?

18. iluvfupaburgers

lol, have to look for it, i dont remember well right now, ill post that later, but here are some specs for both psp
    PSP 1000
    •Dimensions: 6.7"/170 mm wide x 2.9"/74 mm high x .9"/23 mm deep
    •Weight: .62 lbs/280 g (including battery)
    •CPU: PSP CPU (1-333 MHz)
    •Memory:
    •32 MB Main Memory
    •4 MB embedded DRAM
    •Display:
    •4.3", 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD screen
    •480 x 272 pixels
    •16.77 million colors
    •maximum luminance 180/130/80 cd/m2 (when using battery pack)
    •maximum luminance 200/180/130/ 80 cd/m2 (when using AC adaptor)

PSP 2000
    •Dimensions: 6.7"/170 mm wide x 2.9"/74 mm high x .9"/23 mm deep
    •Weight: .62 lbs/280 g (including battery)
    •CPU: PSP CPU (1-333 MHz)
    •Memory:
    •64 MB Main Memory
    •4 MB embedded DRAM
    •Display:
    •4.3", 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD screen
    •480 x 272 pixels
    •16.77 million colors
    •maximum luminance 180/130/80 cd/m2 (when using battery pack)
    •maximum luminance 200/180/130/ 80 cd/m2 (when using AC adaptor)

They are pretty much the same except on dimensions and internal memory