1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Finding the PSP for me?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Inunah, May 27, 2010.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Geeze, there's like fifty damn types of PSPs, a used/refurbished 1000 should go for like $20 or less nowadays!

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Nah. If they still run, people will sell them for ridiculous prices especially if they're flashed. :p

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Fuck it, I'm just gonna go pay a guy $50 to smash every electronic device in the house....

Unless there's a PSP that goes for $50 or less?

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but it will be a shot in the dark to get a working PSP anywhere around $50.00 I paid $80.00 for mine (1001) and the faceplate was cracked all to hell but it was modded and had a 4GB card with it, but I replaced it with my old PSP that is dead. Anyway I seen you mentioned Gamestop you could always take your 50.00 up there and if you have some extra DS,Wii or 360 games lying about you could trade them in to even the price out or in that case there are some game shops places that would take your older consoles Game Haven for example will take damn near anything except Rockband/Guitar Hero instruments.

Anyway again its going to be hard to find a psp under $50.00 esp 1001-2001 models as they are the most common to be modded, but I will not say its impossible as I have seen a lot of good deals pop up every now and then, sadly right when I have no money to partake. :(

5. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Meh... Unless you can find a retail copy of Patapon for a system/handheld OTHER THAN the PSP, then don't even bother mentioning anything things other than a PSP.

Plus, there are NO games we're partial to trading in around here. We kind of cleaned out already so we could get FFXIII.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Got a friend willing to sell?

There is no chance, even on ebay, for a psp that cheap.

7. ChazG93

ChazG93 Well-Known Member

get a job

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

He's about to finish schooling, sure that's one option...

Still, replies like this are not needed here.

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Even if you DO find a psp thats 50$, You still have to buy an SD card, or a game, the games are definitely around 30$...

10. MadmanNero

Its a Magicgate Memory Stick Pro Duo not an SD and some games can be found used for a lot less than $30.00.

11. Stanley Richards

... Thats what I get when I type stuff at 3AM. It's like doing this drunk.

12. MadmanNero

I feel for you. :p

13. Stanley Richards

But why CAN'T you use Ebay?

14. MadmanNero

My guess is no bank account to use paypal or doesn't want to battle auctions and perhaps the same reason I don't use ebay I got burnt one too many times.

15. Stanley Richards

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got burnt many times...looking for a mint copy of mgs 1 one ps1 meant me buying 10 copies just to compare...

The challenge now is to sell them all without ebay :(

17. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

thats whats great about where i live, crackheads will sell anything for $5... i suggest you find a crackhead im sure they'll get u a PSP for $50 haha

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Crackheads will shank you for the money and run away with your pants.

19. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

thats why you carry a gun or a lightsaber then they'll know you mean business

20. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

well i think it depends which psp you want, and for what, if ur going to put custom firmware on it, buy the psp 1001 since it is the best for custom firmware, and i dont really think u can find one at 50$ but i bought mine at 80$ in gamestop, used. and for a card, u can do what i did, buy 2 16gb sd cards at 18$ each and find a Dual MicroSD MicroSDHC to MS PRO DUO Adapter that costs about 4$