1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Finaly Fantasy A2 Gets Release Date

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Mar 20, 2008.

1. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

2. Ratchet505

Ratchet505 New Member

If I download and start playing the EU version and my friend downloads the US version can we still play multi-player together? Or trade items, whatever the multiplayer function in this game is.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Everybody's having a field day with the release of this game ;D

It even says on the download server that because of a certain newly released game, the server's experiencing major traffic influx, so if your download is corrupted, simply re-download it, man that's rough.

It's like you opened up a truckload of Candy bars & every kid's stampeding to get their fill! ;D

4. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

I noticed, so downloaded from rapidshit instead.

5. ah15216875732

ah15216875732 Member

Weird, it is said that Europe version release date still on Q3 2008, while the US version release 24th June 2008. Are you sure its Europe version?

6. skelevisi0n

skelevisi0n Active Member

This game is ok. I got bored after the first mission, but I have never been partial to FF anyway. The visuals are nice and cutesy, but the strategy seems a little shallow.

7. dnkg

dnkg New Member

dude its fft. How can you not love it?!

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not everyone likes final fantasy...

9. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

OH GOD YES!!! Great work, guys, almost 0-day release :) . Been waiting for this a long long time.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, finally released. No waiting for the dump. Very early dump. Thank you!

11. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Thank you for the ROM! I'll be enjoying this immensely...once I done downloading.

Guess that means Luminous Arc will have to share SRPG time with FFTA2.

12. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

You still play Luminous Ark?

13. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Real life and other games demand my attention, so I have to split my gaming time with whatever game I have with me and my mood. So, yeah, still playing (and yet to beat) Luminous Arc. Now, FFTA2 will add to my list of games to play.

14. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

tried putting in the AU GBA FFTA cartridge in slot 2, doesn't work with the EU FFTA2 *sad*

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Ok, so I finally got this game & am playing through it. But you know what?

The story's to cliche, this kid finds this book, with pages having nothing on them right?

He write his name & Woosh!, He gets sent into the book's world.

What does this remind me of?

1. The flick "The Never Ending Story"
    2. The Cartoon "Super Book", and
    3. The Anime, "Fushigi Yugi"

Square Enix has gotten non- imaginative on the plot scenarios lately :(

16. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Of course, they're running out of ideas, there's been plenty of articles about that recently on some gaming sites.

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's probably because they lost the brilliant minds of Hironobu Sakaguchi & his team, when they broke off from Square Enix & formed Mist Walker. By the Way, are Mist Walker's games good?

Also I hate the fact that FFTA2, returned the Animal-human beings, I didn't like that idea on the last game, why use it again!? ???

18. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

yeah the story is kinda lame but then again its not a "true" final fantasy installment.

i think the gameplay is where it really counts. (in fact, i tend to skip the story on FFTA2.)

its a NDS game, not a full blown PS3 or Xbox 360 game.

I noticed that square likes to release "filler" games in between their major releases like FF7, 8, 9, 10, 12 etc.
    (not that FFTA2 is so called "filler")

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The Final Fantasy Tactics games are what you can call, spin off series or "Gaidens" in Japanese :)

And I think I have an idea why they made Animal-Human Characters in the last two FFT games.

Well you see, when the first FFT game was released it really looked a lot like the lesser know "Tactics Ogre" game for the SNES, which was later re-released on the PSOne, Even the "Zodiac Brave" element, the one where people's Zodiac can cancel out an opposing Zodiac symbol, was "ripped off from Tactics Ogre. And even though the job-class system was uniquely Square's idea, but the feel, look & even the story of the two games were similar, only major difference is, FFT had only one ending, as opposed to Tactics Ogre's Dual (in later editions, multiple) endings.

So to curb this, they had to make the feel of the next versions different, but for me the change, as I mentioned, the Character designs in particular, are not to my liking. The clan system is a good move though :)

20. thebass324

thebass324 Well-Known Member

I really didn't like the addition of the animal races either, if they all take place in the same world where the hell did they come from? They weren't in Vagrant Story either if I remember correctly. Also, what's really getting to me is having to synthesize all equipment before it's available to buy, synthesis has annoyed me since it Square introduced it in Final Fantasy VIII (for Final Fantasy series at least). At least the actual gameplay is as solid as ever, which is definitely the most important part. Although I keep having perception problems with where things are relative to each other on the battlefield, but that's probably just me being an idiot.