1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy The 4 Heroes of Light USA AP topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lugia543, Oct 8, 2010.

1. xray777

xray777 Member

Using the clean rom you provided, I ran into a black screen after I got the steel sword from the King.
    Post Merge: [time]1286610914[/time]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP1Pk62X7XQ

This is a byebye Intro patch that someone made. You can get rid of the intro from the Venom Patched Rom.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

They is somethink strange abouth that dump - it has about 7 same headers in the rom ...

EDIT: also i find this game is not as big as it was gowing to make out strange lol!....

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I got a black screen. I saved when I spoke to the save guy in Horne. I went into the inn to just look around town and when I leave I get a black screen on the bottom but my top screen still had Brandt and his status thingy there.

Oh and when I tried to load the game back up my save got corrupted.

4. Jhon 591

It's beast to let people know what you are playing it on ... , Flashcard type - emulator est ?

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Silly it's in my forum signature. ;-)

And I'm using your "clean rom" you posted Jhon.

6. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

... So why were you the one who made an AP topic, again?

7. Jhon 591

I found that rom just released resterday at a torrent site - it is 100% clean and even in size 64MB - if it was patched it would be trimed

Sorry - but i heard them cards are having problems anyway - It's no ones falt how the ROM work's with emulators are cards - I would like to see a clean patch for the save proplem , one that don't trim the rom like a UPS patcher are IPS

8. xray777

xray777 Member

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnw49n32sw10g69

This is my own upload. Patched by Venom and with Intro splash removed. Now I am up to the Sand Devil everything works perfect.

9. Jhon 591

Deleted

10. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I appreciate you getting the rom. Most games that have come out and I've put on my Acekard generally don't give me an issue. It's obviously only the games that have AP on it. And I've always preferred clean roms. Just a preference.

11. Jhon 591

deleted

12. Lolita-Boy

Lolita-Boy New Member

Rom released by Venom works fine with DSTT - rev12 English unofficial kernel (well except that bad intro Venom inserted).

My save crashed when I used the clean rom posted by Jhon... Something about the save file being corrupted...

13. Jhon 591

Deleted

14. zanmato_

zanmato_ Member

^
    |
    Credits to Cid

15. Jhon 591

Save corruption Fixes

http://forum.romulation.net/?topic=48451.0

16. shadowrival

shadowrival Active Member

Did anyone get this problem where the princess says "Argh! This place is crowded and dirty and BORING!" and then a black screen while music is playing? I'm using the patched version from xray777 and I'm using Acekard 2i akaio 1.7.1.
    Post Merge: [time]1286817185[/time]
    Nvm, I fixed it.

17. Rumiko

Rumiko Well-Known Member

So this is the AP topic then? Well, i'm using Wood R4 v. 1.14 and it works good for a while, but once you start moving around and whatnot the game screen will turn black at random points in the game. I downloaded the CLEAN rom that Keikos uploaded from megaupload. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

18. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

This game isn't fixed yet, it's release was right after Re:Coded, so nothing past that is fixed. Sadly, this includes FF:T4HoL.

Use the cracked ROM that released on day 1. It was VENOM cracked, so if you don't like the intro, search for a ROM with it disabled.

19. zanmato_

zanmato_ Member

It's fixed actually:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=48451.0
    There are fixes for both EUR and USA clean versions.

E: I just realized you probably meant that it's not fixed in Wood 1.14.
    Anyway, there are hex fixes in that topic, I prefer using those on clean dumps over introed roms.

20. Jhon 591

You can also patch a rom without it bean trimed - also making it clean with just, patch what is needed to be patched

intros fu*k up the hole of the HEX in a rom