1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Oct 4, 2010.

?

So, what do you think about this game?

1. Excellent. Really.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Kinda okay, I guess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nah, I'd better play another games.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

2. fira10

fira10 Member

hey , i'm quiet confuse , either the ROM itself or the No$GBA problem .
    the words overlapped each other e.g at a shop, i click potion(haven't buy) then i click antidote, then the words will overlapped each other . can anyone help ?

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Use no$gba with no$zommer

4. fira10

fira10 Member

thanks , it works ! I thought it's for the naming only . but doesn't it makes the game laggy ?

5. Jhon 591

What is your system specs ?

To me emulation is not perfect - but this game runs alomst the same speed on no$gba as it dose on the no$zommer for no$gba

6. fira10

fira10 Member

my spec ?
    here :

Windows Vista
    Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4600 @2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    4GB RAM
    DirectX 11
    GeForce 8400GS

7. Jhon 591

Wow that's way more then enuth - It's just the emulator it's self the latest update was about 2 years agow - but god know's what ever happened to martin the maker of no$gba ....

Try toy-ing around with the setings in no$zommer - openGL , FPS est

I have an GeForce 8400GS 512mb but it's a pci slot version - but my pc is only one core 2.40 ghz - 2GB ram - still play's ok though sound is bitty now and then

8. fira10

fira10 Member

9. Jhon 591

Code:
    @ fira10 

[quote]what is more than enough ? my graphic card ?
    The hole lot of your PC - better then mine XD!

10. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

omg. this game is lucky I'm using a no random battle cheat or I would have long deleted it, what a pain! Seriously, how the hell are oyou supposed to play with without a walkthrough? The animal burrow? um, yeah - good luck finding a random patch of trees that hides an entrance to somewhere with no indication of such. Why would I know to talk to the guy at the weapon shop in order to randomly get a ship without looking it up? And wtf is with the so-called "party"? Yunita or whatever just joined my party for literally 5 seconds outside of the inn and then as soon as I slept, she left the party again! wtf was the damn point?? that was just about the stupedest thing I've ever experienced in a game. Oh, and the 15 item limit PLUS you have carry the tomes which COUNT AS ITEMS? who made this game? A bunch of morons on crack looking for the best way to piss of gamers? seriously.

/end rant

11. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

By not sucking at it?

no offence.

12. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

/offended

13. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

I just gotta laugh at that xD

The game does have a few...frustrations but somehow it gives it some sort of charm at the same time. I kinda like it oddly xD but I wish they would at least come up with at least a decent storyline <_<

14. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I find it very ugly... but at least it is FF and that is 100% fun!

15. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

This game is fun but the restriction of items. You got to respect that this is a classic rpg remake. Town NPC play a huge role which they give useful information and history of the game unlike the present were the game itself gives you all the direction making exploring the town a bit tedious.

Today's rpg focuses more on events, eye candy and story progression that they forget about player interaction. Past rpg, however, did the opposite. Only rare games can mix these 2 perfectly. Mario&Luigi RPG 3 is one of them. :)

All in all. I liked this game a lot with a nostalgic feel to it while respecting when it was made originally. I'd give it an 8.0 with few flaws in it.

16. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

RPGs back then had good story too. Take FF VI for instance. It perfected the way you find information. It wasn't tedious one bit.

17. Arron_zero

Amen to that xD RPGs in the SNES/GBA/PS1/PS2 time range had the best stories. Most games before had simplistic stories and quite a few current games are more obsessed with graphics than stories. Just an opinion though xD

18. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

Agreed. They focus on eye candy more than the gameplay nowadays.

Final Fantasy VI was good. As I have said, only rare games can produce great story with great player interaction. Grouping all games from the past, and present likewise, would be a fallacy which I haven't said in my post before your reply. lol. Anyway, I'm saying it right now.

Yes, exploring town is not tedious with most information you get are "Hey, have you seen my dog?".

19. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

this is not a remake. Though it feels like playing FFV again, you know changing jobs riding a dragon at the ending credits. xD

8bit - 32 bit graphics back then was already an eye candy for me. Again this isn't a remake of an old game.

I wouldn't play this if it wasn't for the flawed traitsof the heroes. hehehehehe

20. Arron_zero

HELL NO!!! don't compare this to FFV. FFV was awesomely brilliant. This is more like FF3. Then again you can't really comapre this to any other games. It's unique which can either be charming or game breaking for players.