1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Oct 4, 2010.

?

So, what do you think about this game?

1. Excellent. Really.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Kinda okay, I guess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nah, I'd better play another games.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Re: Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (U) | October 5th, 2010

you'd best be joking or else makavelli might rap furiously at you

2. An Orphans

An Orphans Member

ಠ_ಠ I'm almost considering buying it and dumping myself.

3. fireemblemfreak

fireemblemfreak Active Member

Mario Kart wii and Smackdown vs Raw 10 PS3 online kinda rubbed the edge off it for me. lol

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Please be quick about it :)
    Still no dump after 2 days, I wonder if theres some kind of AP?

5. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Probably. Cant wait for this though. The job system...ahem, i mean CROWN system, is my favourite aspect of FF games. Thats why I love FF V so much. That, and FF Tactics games. Hoping for a Tactics 3DS on 3DS.

6. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

y0u deleted my soul
    Post Merge: [time]1286452181[/time]
    "tactics 3DS on 3DS" ...well, yeah,i get it. A 3DS title FOR 3DS ... how couldnt i think about that before ?
    Post Merge: [time]1286452305[/time]
    also, hahahahaha <-- almost the best nick i ever saw

7. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I had a dump, but I took it...

8. muratakei04

muratakei04 Active Member

what do u mean?

9. deltablaze

deltablaze Member

Whatever you mean by this, please share it.. :D

10. Makaveli

Makaveli New Member

Hahaha I actually laughed out loud

11. Bowser-jr

Bowser-jr Well-Known Member

i think he was joking...

12. noahhaon

noahhaon Member

Cant wait to play this with my friend

13. Scatt-Man

Scatt-Man New Member

Oh wow, I do have a membership here! Must've been from back when members used to be able to download moar DS ROMs. So the game got released here today in Australia-land, and after the two days of waiting, I headed to the shops on my motorbike (I'm badass like that...*cough*) and was all ready to buy the game. SHIPPING DELAY?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Ugh... ...The wait continues.

I wasn't even this impatient for Bowser's Inside Story, opting to import it over waiting for the piracy stuff to get cracked. The worst part is, I can't stand not being able to select my targets in battles! The first Lufia did it, and I think the old-school Dragon Quests did it. Annoying as Hell. That crown system sure sounds intriguing though. ;D

14. Mishiro

Mishiro Member

But from what I hear, there's more strategy involved as to how your party decides who to attack, based on your own settings in the menu.

Btw, it's still not here. Aw.

I hope whoever dumps it can tell us what the AP was. It must've been a real doozy.

15. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

When this game is dumped there's gonna be some AP I'm guessing. I played a bit of the Japanese one but i quit because it was pretty hard to understand.

16. msg2009

I just hope lufia doesn't take as long/has as bad AP, if that is indeed the problem.

17. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

not going to say what happens at the start when i played the japanese one but the battle system is good.

18. msg2009

I have the Japanese one......I think I'll give it a quick go whilst I wait.

19. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

I don't know but ... it doesn't make a lot sense to me.Why? well read on ...

...as I was saying... MORE STRATEGY with LESS MEANS TO DO STRATEGY? C'mon ... no, this is just plain wrong. Maybe the Crowns give you more spells and stuff, i can agree that this by itself is a strategy element.Pretty huge too (20 or 30 jobs...something like that ,right?)
    The battles and targeting is basicaly like this: Farther targets ,i.e.: targets in the back row get attacked with ranged attacks (Spells and whatnot), front line beasts/monsters get attacked by mele attacks.

Sure,you have your Jobs...i mean CROWNS and your characters pickup whatever the Crown gives you and thus having more different offensive/defensive abilities (why ... WHY did they change this with the name CROWNS?! Jobs are what... something to be affraid of ? ... if i think of it, they are right. If you have a job you can't play games!!!!!!!!)

But to be honest here, they dumbed down this one up because they wanted to it to be appealing for the more mainstream newcomers to the series... fast battles, no need to micro manage your attacks (though, how tough is this anyway ... i find it extremely simple in Final Fantasy games... so what the heck??).
    Their motivation for their choices was a bit contradictory and probably it was just an excuse for what they did.Basicaly,they said that they stripped down the manual targeting and making it more fast paced, so you can have more strategy and action.What the fu...
    I almost pre-ordered it...then i went to read some reviews from importers. And it seemed pretty mediocre to them, though they praised everything else though, except - as i said - auto targeting, no directions in the game and i saw some realy stale dungeons and when you die you just respawn in the village.

Another thing: monsters/creatures/whatever DON'T DROP GIL/MONEY/GOLD anymore. You can get money only if you trade your jewels or equipment. Okay, not such a bad move but still... makes me wonder why ?

... what i said is thinking out loud so ... it is a good chance the game will be a lot better than i think. But i rather be on the safe side and be sceptical or pessimistic.
    In any case,I have to insisnt that auto-targeting pretty much sucks ... i want to feel im in control of the characters. I don't care if the A.I. for my characters during battle is like the Terminator.I just want to PLAY THE GAME, not just press 1 button and that's it... oh gawd, i never wanted to be so wrong in my whole life.I realy hope i am wrong about his, because this game looks realy nice.

So,what do you think? Sorry for the long post.

I am patient, therefore i wont ask you WHEN WILL THEY DUMP THIS GAME ALREADY ... ok? ok ;)

20. msg2009

More strategy but you can't pick attacks.... that seems like less strategy to me. Isn't it just press button and hope?