1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Final Fantasy 4 or Final Fantasy: Revenant Wings 12 (ds)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by avatar123, Jun 2, 2010.

1. HeartofSword

HeartofSword Well-Known Member

Man,go for Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings.At least for me,it pwns FFIV.It has a great storyline;You can train your Espers and at the same time unlock Scions like Belias,Mateus,Bahamut,Odin,Leviathan and even Zodiark.You can also use quickenings [Special attacks].Every character has their own quickening.And you can collect trophies as prizes for respective actions.You can make and buy equipments.You can also earn special equipments by doing special missions.It has a EXCELLENT music.The gameplay is plain and simple.

This is one of the best games I played on DS.I didn't play FFIV much cause it became too boring.This is the opinion of who played the game,I have my opinion and you have yours,hm?
    Why don't you download both and try out?

2. madcrazy2ks

madcrazy2ks Member

tactics gameplay pace is sloooooowwwww, wish they make it more streamlined, and less clutter.

on to the main topic, revenant wings def my pick. ff4 requires you to know about the original game a bit in order to get the cool stuff (like doublecast and stuff), for a new player, you can easily miss a LOT of stuff.

3. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

4 on its own is excellent, but Revenant Wings is also one of the best spin-offs in the series and has a lovely Sakimoto score. Both are worthwhile for different reasons.

4. DevilDinah

DevilDinah Well-Known Member

if you want an RPG, go with FF4. if you want rts, go with Revenant

5. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

i prefer RW i beated it before just took a long time to kill the last boss

6. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

All Tactical RPG games are slow-paced, but full of strategy.

My first RPG on the DS was FF4 and I didn't screw up in any parts of the game.

7. kenny6457

i played ff4 on my R4DS but i coundnt get past the part where u gotta get some medicine for someone or someone like that

8. Stanley Richards

Talk to people. They give advice. You're supposed to get past that fishy cave thing.

9. kenny6457

what that mist dragon i beat that and got to city in desert i gotta get the medicine or something

10. Stanley Richards

Yes, outside in the world map, walk northeast from the town. Go through that cave. A few minutes in, you'll get a party member which kicks so much ass early on,

11. kenny6457

oh the squid nope he keeps kicking my ass everytime i get him down to what 2-4 tentacles he freakin murders mah