1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FF XIII RANTZ...

Discussion in 'Rants' started by allkratos, Jun 4, 2010.

1. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Sucks.Terrible.No gameplay.X,L1,X,L1 repeat...forward,forward,forward...
    ALSO HOPE-is a bastard-Japanese-faced boy.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Every turn based RPG's battle system is like that. Press X until enemy dies.

3. seriaku

seriaku Well-Known Member

First of all, this is a hugly bias snark rant.
    Learn to complain, and obviously this game was not made for you, FF13 is a fresh build japanese rpg, and still gets shuned by the fan base for being original, and not liekffinalfantasycloudloloolool
    You cant say OMGLOLOLOLXLIX, because thats THE ENTIRE BASIS OF THE WHOLE FINAL FANTASY SERIES AND RPGS IN GENERAL
    This is a story driven game, and if you dont like it, go back to your mediocre shooters.
    Hope is not a japanese faced bastard, that is extreamly nark, Hope has one of the best character development ive seen in a game for awhile, hes a kid, what the hell did you expect?
    The gameplay of this final fantasy could out tier the battle system of the other games with some major tweeking. final fantasy 13 is new, it has a new battle system, it has new characters, it has an original story line, it could be classified as a new game if it didnt hold the title "Final Fantasy" and contained chocobos.
    Wow, the game is diffirent from the other games, if you want a game series that doesnt introduce new, go play call of duty or pokemon, where the games are always pretty much the same.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

While I hate the story and characters in general, the voice acting and writing is atrocious (blah blah blah I WANNA BE A HERO blah blah blah annoying banter from Vanilled blah blah You're so cold Lightning! blah blah blah forgettable character blah blah blah shut up Hope, you're useless for the most part blah blah). Although one could say that these characters are memorable simply for the fact that they are so incredibly annoying and embody one characteristic, which for the most part makes for an unbelievable human being.

While the story is so god damn annoying so far, the gameplay's good and feels a lot more interactive than the previous iterations (I haven't played XII or whatever though). It's meh, but I'm still swamped by tons of Wii games, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Lost Planet etc etc.

Hint hint, that's like every FF game.

5. allkratos

Well Natalie,FF XII is real-time,a lot more depth compared to every Final Fantasy...(it's the most open-ended FF so far-If you don't consider FF XI)

6. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

You're joking right? You're codemning XIII but praising XII, there is no depth what-so-ever, at certain points in the game I wanted most the characters to die. Penelo, my god Penelo, I somehow managed to find her more annoying than Misa from Death Note which I didnt think was physically possible. Sure the game may be open ended, but you spend most of the time looking at sand. Fucking sand! I thought this was Ivalice, what happened to the forests, lakes, waterfalls and myres that were in Tactics.

7. allkratos

Haha..Tactics is great but XII is fine if you compare it to others in the main series.XIII-no doubt technically the most pretty but what's so good about being pretty if you can't explore it?

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I disagree, with the exception of X and X-2, XII is the runt of the litter. Everything was wrong, from the battle system down to the lore. XIII may not be perfect, but it's certainly an improvement on XII. I don't see what your issue is with the fact that XIII wasnt free roam, now I know that JRPGs aren't to everyones taste but, didnt you read any reviews before buying the game? Would've saved yourself the dissappointment.

9. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

There's no realtime rpg.

10. allkratos

You're wrong-Bioware's RPGs are more RPG yet real-time.
    @NEX/SEAN-I bought it because it's Final Fantasy-if it is other franchises i would have considered the reviews.

11. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

How you define a real time rpg? A realtime rpg is a turn based rpg with less turn based elements. Only FPS games are realtime.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Except FPS' don't fit the RPG part. The definition of a real time RPG is that you don't have to wait your turn to attack the enemy. Also, play Mass Effect or something.

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Could someone type a brief description of the story? I would like to know people find it annoying.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's not so much the story, but the characters.

15. Stanley Richards

You were talking about "Hope". Is that the person's name or what?

16. allkratos

YES.That's a character name.

17. Stanley Richards

But why is he/she annoying?

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Imagine a preteen whining nearly 24/7.

Vanille is a girl who's constantly being 'silly' and saying the things that a stereotypical blond would say.

Lightning is genuinely a bitch and is quiet for the most part and keeps her distance from everyone.

Snow keeps spouting this annoying Hero crap (I can't fail because I have to be the hero! etc etc).

The only interesting character that doesn't embody a characteristic is the black guy, to which I forgot his name. Imo, Hope has the most character development because for the most part, he didn't have much of a character to begin with, likewise with everyone else. The only spin on it is that his mom dies and that Snow failed to save her (and be the hero or some shit). I wish every character would an hero.

19. Stanley Richards

I think I'd whine alot too if I was involved in stuff that has me killing things.

20. allkratos

One thing that i'm certain is-The series yes my fav series is going downhill...Make something like FF 9!!! or FF 12!