1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FF VII remake on the DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by halohanh, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

sorry is that aimed at FFVII? cause im sure Crystal Chronicals was going to be released for wii and DS?
    but either way id get FF if it was on the 360, though I wouldnt fully agree with it. The new FF on PS3 looks pretty good :)
    BTW sorry kinda off but is there a good RPG similar to FF for the 360?

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

I think there was a game called Blue Dragon that was supposedly similar in some ways.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^cheers only just got my 360 and i was planning on a PS3 so im clueless lol. BTW your sig still says Asmadi :p

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

I don't have photoshop so I can't change it anymore, and if nothing else, at least those people who don't recognize me by my current name will know who I am.

5. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Eternal Sonata can be a very good game at times....good story, good music, looks pretty

6. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

I mean people who didn't get the game when it's first came out, most likely due to some of them getting into the gaming scene at later date, where FF7 was no longer in sale. Around here, it's hard to find PSX games unless they're second-handed, particularly the good ones.

I was just plain lucky to find FF7 (albeit without the manual) for $AU10.

Back on the topic, right now, an FF7 remake would be nice, but other things demand me buying and playing them.

7. iamlegend

Hmm....It was always for sale here....and Ireland wasn't the most up to date gaming culture untill recently...

8. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

That's true, you can find loads of new (when I say new, I mean "not used") PSX games at stores everywhere, even the all mighty Wal-Mart. **shakes fist**

9. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

i prefer ff vii dirge of Cerberus over any other

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I bought FF7 as soon as it came out in NZ. And Dirge of Cerberus? You kidding me?

11. CloudBoy101

CloudBoy101 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't play this Dirge of Cerberus, but in no way shape OR form could it be better than FF7. 'Nuf said.

12. anandjones

Yeah, Dirge revolves around Vincent and you just shoot guys and stuff. And nothing in the FF7 series could beat the original FF7. I say leave it. I wouldn't mind a port of it on DS etc. though. As long as they don't change the storyline etc. And leave all the character's sprites where the arms are 2x bigger than their muscles :D!

13. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I hope they do make a better version

14. halohanh

halohanh Well-Known Member

They probably won't make it on the DS because the original game was too big for the DS cartfrigde to handle. But they will probably remake it because the FFXIII include the FFXIII,FXIII Versus and more. So the percent they remake it it's kind of high

15. iamlegend

I agree, a remake is almost definite as Square-Enix (or just the Enix part) are a bunch of money grabbing tarts (more so than everyone else)...

We should hear confirmation of it soon...

16. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Thats true... The DS probably couldnt handle it

17. wiirdos

wiirdos Member

may not be enough memory... or maybe it could be a homebrew? :eek:

18. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

Following the announcement earlier of the Square-Enix buyout, President Hironobu Sakaguchi unveiled a few tidbits of information of yet another title in the Compilation of Final Fantasy series, Final Fatasy VII: EC, but at this time, the game's full title remains a mystery. Sakaguchi also mentioned was that it will be released for the Nintendo DS, and that it is being worked on jointly with Yoshinori Kitase of recent Final Fantasy fame and Tetsuya Nomura, producer of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

FFVII: EC will take place directly following the end of Final Fantasy VII. With Midgar destroyed and the world in shambles, Cloud must step up and help restore order to the chaotic land while another force is secretly engineering the virus that causes the Seikon-Shoukougun sickness in Advent Children.

The events will fill the two-year gap between Final Fantasy VII and Advent Children, and will play similarly to the original Final Fantasy VII with new features for the touch screen. Reportedly, Final Fantasy VII:EC will feature battles in the touch screen, and the damage to certain bosses will vary depending on where they are attacked with the touch screen, similar to the already-released Egg Monster Heroes. When not in battle, the touch screen will be used for menu access, allowing items to be selected with ease or maps to be displayed.

Also announced was that the music is being composed by Sakaguchi's long-time friend, Nobuo Uematsu, who was specially asked for his help in this endeavor. Other details are scarce at this moment, but Kitase was quoted as saying, "I'm really excited to work on the new handheld." RPGamer will bring more details on this game as they emerge.

Wonder if this is true ??

19. anandjones

Wow, imagine if it was true... Where did you get this information from? Oh right RPGamer, didn't read the end bit there. You have a link to original article?

20. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

No i don't have the link....

after i look at the screens i don't really know what to say to tell u the truth.....

=_="