1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FF VII remake on DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by teheezin, Nov 20, 2009.

1. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts doesn't go anywhere near the gameplay size FFVII is. Not to mention the soundtracks and cut-scenes used in FFVII are more frequent and of higher quality.

Why would they? FFVII on PS1 is still quite modern in graphics and still looks better then the DS FF games. I'll say it again:

2. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

How so, the pre rendered backdrops?, I think the ds could easily handle those, but in terms of length, size, motion video etc.. it’s probably not suitable for the ds as already said.

3. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

A lot of people don't like the Pre-Rendered Backgrounds, but I like 'em. I think it's because every RPG I played as a young kid had the Pre-Rendered Backgrounds.

I think the use of Pre-Rendered Backgrounds gave the gamer more time to put effort into noticing what was actually happening in the game and not just the surroundings. As I just said, pretty much all my old games I used to play and love used Pre-Rendered Backgrounds, so I love it.

4. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will make a remake of Final Fantasy V for the DS. I mean we have Dragon Quest IV V and VI coming out. Now we need a Final Fantasy XIII Spinoff and FF V for the DS.

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

V? VI is more like it.

6. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

They aren't remaking FF VII on PS3 much to my disappointment. They only did the opening redone for the PS3 as a graphics test to see how they could take graphics far with the PS3. I'm sure the video that explains it is on YouTube.

And @Luga, a FFXIII game for DS? I don't think that's going to happen. They've already spent so long making it for both PS3 and XBOX, i think throwing in the DS is abit much.

7. _whistler_

_whistler_ Member

Actually on another acount when Tetsuya Normura (I think) was asked about it again he stated that he might consider doing it for PS3 (Possibly XBOX360 too) but not untill ffXII and all that are finished.
    Post Merge: [time]1259796234[/time]
    Agreed, the pre rendered just kinda added a little something special too it, and besides, I think it would be a crime to re-release final fantasy VII on the DS.

8. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

indeed, FF Vi is more likely than FF VII (Sony wont allow reproducing them on Nintendo consoles anyway... if i remember correctly,Sony bought some rights or something)

9. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

It's only logical that we might see a FF VII remake on DS someday. SqureEnix is already done with FF IV and are probably in the beginning stages of a FF V remake. But what I'd really love is a FF VI DS remake. Now that would be freakin' sweet!

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no it is not logical. It cannot be done.

11. namklaw7

namklaw7 Well-Known Member

Saying something "can't be done" is never a good way to think.

12. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

But yet in this case it is utterly true.

13. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm a DS fanboy, but I'd agree with everyone here who says that FFVII if ever remade, should be ported to the PSP. The touch screen wouldnt do much magic for the game anyways.

14. Sidmarill

Sidmarill Well-Known Member

Isn't Final Fantasy 7 a little bit...High Standard for the DS?

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's possible. Backgrounds and textures could be resized, audio compressed and streamed. Cut-scenes can be a small size and still display great with commercial video codecs. The layout of the interfaces could be changed so everything isn't too small. It's just that not many would want to venture into such a complicated development process.

16. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

It'd cost a lot of money, not to mention a lot of time that they could spend on brand new idea's.

17. teheezin

teheezin Guest

It will bring DS up and be one of the top rated game.. Maybe Game of the Year for a DS..

18. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

exactly why it wont be done...it would cost a TON of money and other legal issues.It is just too much for money grabbing Nintendo (which is a contradiction...and yet,here we are).
    The problem is not the performance of the DS (hell if the DS has low power,DSi can double that in DSi-mode.)... People who already own a PC/PSX version of the game can play it on their systems.And not to mention that FF VII would probably be verry expensive...
    Well if they can make a multi-cartridge thing,so you can swap cartridges and use the SD card for saves/memory cache... it could be pretty sweet to play it on a DS.

I agree, i want FF 5 and 6 first !!

19. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

there will be no remake of final fantasy vii for ds (i hope so) and there arn't any for the ps3 either...and there won't be any until final fantasy xiv comes out...maybe just maybe they will start the remakes of vii (which i do hope it is for ps3) It is also more logical that it will be on the ps3 cause they wanted final vii to be revolutionary and the ps3 graphics can do that.

20. KSbored

KSbored Well-Known Member

They should make a remake of Final Fantasy 2, in ds graphics, they could give the charcters more "emotion" and add more depth to the stoy line, Like adding summons, FF2 was my first FF game and I enjoyed how there wasn't a job class, but instead you leveled on your abilities with weapons. That gave a broader view of the possibilites to me.