1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Favourite Books/Authors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jadin72, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

In reply to kamage,

Is there any way in which i can paste the script on this site, maybe in a new topic or something? The Story is about 5 A4 pages long.

Anyway, thanks for the interest Kamage!!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

start a new topic, the post limit should allow it all.

3. lunitari

lunitari New Member

Hi there
    Can't resist replying to a thread about books.

Dragonlance Chronicles (Trilogy) by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman - simply great.
    Dragonlance - The War of Souls (Trilogy) - same authors - not as exciting as the chronicles, but very well written and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series - very funny.

Any other avid Dragonlance readers kind enough to suggest other (DL) books?

4. galupa

galupa Member

Check out 100 years of solitude.
    Or for fantasy tad Williams books are good ( shadow march ) or robin hobb (shamans crossing)
    Pillars of the earth is a great book as well.

5. Kyosukedate

Kyosukedate Member

all of Stephen King's books.

6. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Definitely Dan Brown. Deception Point is a great book and so is The DaVinci Code. And no, not because of he conspiracies but because they're really intense thrillers.

Forgot...all Steven King.

7. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

Yeah I liked them too, but they all same the reletively same line of plot, only in different themes. Don't they?

8. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever read the series by Wilbur Smith about Taita the magus?
    They are pretty good. I think there are four in the series: River God, The Quest and forgot the other two. I'm reading The Quest right now which is the last one in the series. Its really good.

9. zagyre

zagyre Member

Lian Hearn,
    - Across The Nightingale Floor
    - Grass For His Pillow
    - Brilliance Of The Moon
    This novel is a trilogy based on Japanese ancient society, I've read it about 2 or 3 years ago.

10. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

How about the Twilight series? >.>

11. Jesus_

Jesus_ New Member

:D

I <3 Matthew Reilly, I finished reading 'Ice Station' a few weeks ago, and 'Seven Ancient Wonders' was brilliant.
    I'm reading 'The Heritage of Shannara' by Terry Brooks, it's one of his whole series-in-one books. I love his writing, although it starts off a bit slow.

The last big series I finished reading (in a way >_>) was 'Wheel of Time', by Robert Jordan, which has become my favourite series ever. I was about halfway through the series when I found out that he'd died before writing the last book, but I decided to keep reading. Now I'm sad 'cos I've gotta wait about a year before I can finish the series.
    How selfish, dying like that and leaving all his fans to wait for someone else to write the book! Hmph! =p
    'Lord of the Rings' is another good trilogy, but there's a painful amount of detail in there. >.< That's probably the only book->movie conversion where the movie was better than the book. (IMO)
    'The Redemption of Althalus' by David Eddings was another great book, I need to actually buy it. >.<