1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Favorite non-main stream anime

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by CrashmanX, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

Naruto and DBZ.

2. otakulily

otakulily Well-Known Member

A dub doesn't necessarily make things mainstream. Subs are just as readily accessible as dubs, if not even more accessible. I've been to conventions and there definitely are non-dubbed and rather new anime that have become very popular among large audiences. Even before licensed, anime such as K-ON, Higashi no Eden, Clannad, etc. have been extremely popular, and all that was around May 2009, when those series were still rather new. I even got a K-ON poster at the convention. :s There is popularity among even newer series. The very fact that Heroman was translated and less than 24 hours after the air date in Japan should be enough to consider that it does have an English-speaking fanbase. The truth is, any person who even watches anime on a regular basis, even Naruto, would be considered a minority as compared to the population. And honestly, if you take the percentage of people in your city who have watched Naruto and the percentage who have seen Heroman, the gap between the two numbers is fairly negligible.

3. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Seems you are just trying to adjust my opinion of the Main Stream, which I have a set one. The Main stream is known and is obvious to you even it seems. Please, quit trying to sway me. Also, wasnt trying to say DUBS make it main stream, though they help. Main Steam is something that almost everyone knows about, that better?

4. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

gundam unicorn it'd not on tv and i can't find it the anime section of best buy so does it count if not then d.gray man

5. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I love you.

6. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Well-Known Member

Unicorn, hmmm. I dont really know to count that or not. Because 99% of gundam fans know what that is, and even if your not a Gundam fan you still have heard of it. As for D.Gray Man, again not 100% sure if that would be main or not, simply because it is rather popular but not enough to grant Total Main stream like Bleach....

7. otakulily

otakulily Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to sway you, per se. :/ I simply stated that Heroman, in my opinion, is fairly mainstream, whereas you said it was not. I wasn't trying to change your opinion on the matter, rather you refuted mine.

8. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

best non main stream anime is tower of druaga watch it. i highly recommend it its hilarious and at times sad but awesome

9. KiriKiri

KiriKiri Member

Gad Guard :D no one knows about it, cant remember how i found it but i still love it

10. cottonballs64

cottonballs64 Active Member

How about "Buso Renkin"? It's pretty weird, but fun.

God damn! Maybe instead of analyzing everyone's posts to determine what's mainstream or not, we all just post what we THINK is non-mainstream.
    Non-mainstream is a gamble, so I don't watch much of it. Sorry.

11. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

One Piece! Oh wait, non-mainstream.
    Ok, Bleach! Wait, dammit.
    What abouuuuuut.... Naruto!
    *gets shot*

12. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

dont know if its main stream or not.....
    but Sayonara Zetsuboi Sensei

13. Corriger

Corriger Well-Known Member

Seto no Hanayome, although I think they're going to dub it soon...

In that case, Nagasarete Airantou.

14. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

Not sure what's considered mainstream (Aside from Naruto, Bleach, Etc), but I like Black Lagoon, Toradora, and Pumpkin Scissors, which I think aren't mainstream.