1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fastest Record For Beating A Game

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by joe_yoshi, Feb 12, 2008.

1. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

Well I don't keep track of how long I've played, but I'm a tetris purist. Tetris on the GB Color is the only way for me. The pieces seem to stick down less quickly in later iterations, so you have more time to get out of a mess. The infinite spin thing? Gah!

Tetris was fine as it was. Literally should not be changed. I tend to start playing on level 9, so 99 lines at that speed then increasing. My recent highscore was level 17, about 250K points if I remember correctly. If you want to try playing that kind of speed, start your GB version and hold down when you press start the first time. This adds ten to the speeds you can pick.

As for speedruns of things, I don't tend to speedrun a game, but I've played the first 2/3 of tales of symphonia four times now due to losing saves, and did a lot less sidequests after the first time but tried to do things the hard way. Current playthrough I have the award for Lloyd using the wooden sword up until you fight... that girl thing in the prison. I can't remember my exact times, but I've done HL2 pretty quickly a few times and beat episode 1 damn fast the first time given that my graphics card was crashing and dying every five minutes or so.

2. comino

comino New Member

i better that... 4 days about hmm.... 17 hours??

3. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

In response to some randonm person who said FFIX in 100 11mins
    I got to Memoria with (94 Hours 11 mins, and i still couldnt beat the game) but i lost that memory card now :(

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hehe I beat FFIX in 4 hours...

5. rorybob

did you get Excalibur ????

6. myuusmeow

myuusmeow Active Member

Man, I thought I took forever: 60 hours and I left it on for long periods of time too! :p

7. PoppinBull3t

PoppinBull3t Active Member

Mega Man Battle network 5 double team DS 19 hours

8. rorybob

Well, i kinda did leave the PS on in the Chocobo Lagoon place for two days, this was after we decided we couldnt be bothered to finish because we coudlnt get high enough level/weapons
    :D

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Bahamut Lagoon (SNES) in one day.

10. sean-dude

sean-dude Well-Known Member

sorry... i've been away a while. And no! i didnt cheat or anything! i did it myself!!!

11. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Mortal Kombat II in less than an 1 hour ;D
    and then I played Ultimate MK3 for about an hour or so and beat both! :D

12. joe_yoshi

joe_yoshi Well-Known Member

wow... i think somebody needs to get a life! What were you doing playing for that long? doesn't it get boring?

13. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

FFVII, Clocked the game timer at 99:99:99, pretty much 100hours and plus some because it stoped. Did and got absolutely everything, beat everything, 100% done pretty much. Did that in less than a week. played for 10hours strait, slept for two, another 10 hours, slept for another two. Lots of coffee, lots of ciggeretes and a shitload of redbull. Probly knocked 20 years off my lifespan (not including the week spent playing :p) oh and I only did it because someone told me I couldnt.

14. Bear_oldesloe

Bear_oldesloe Member

marvel vs capcom 2 - 35 mins.

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Pokemon Diamond... 1 week, 17 hours

16. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

YAY !! I Made An Other Record On FFIX

Beat The 4Disks With No Cheats / Hacks / Glitchs

60Hours 58Mins 36Secs

(Only If The Bosses Didnt Heal)

17. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Pokemon Diamond - 30h 27m
    That includes getting every pokemon exept Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus... I do have a Golden Deoxys though... but i got it from a friend that had a game shark. PS my boxes are in numerical order starting with a Lv1 Bulbasaur and ending with a Lv45 Manaphy which took 2h+ to do.