1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fast Food VS Real Food

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgirl, Apr 1, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i dont know about us chinese food but in the uk everything is fried and greasy.
    its too nice though, saturday is my chinese night! mmmmmm cant wait

2. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

LOL, I wondered what it's like, do they use like lard to cook the food? Here in Malaysia very rare restaurants use lard because they abide with the Malaysian Food Code. Mostly outside food are oily to start with and they also use a lot of MSG giving you the extreme thirst and need of water later on:p But when I was in Vancouver, I had the chance to dine at chinese restaurant and it wasn't all that bad. Maybe it all has to do with what you order?

3. msg2009

its all very salty too.
    but yes your probably right about its what i order, my favourite(if i can only order 1 thing) is special fried rice.
    tonight its beef chow mein, chicken curry, egg fried rice, salt and chilli prawns and maybe duck.
    who cares about the fat if its once a week :)

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

This shows the difference pretty well.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Chinese_cuisine

Honestly, I've never had authentic Chinese cuisine, it's always been the Americanized versions. But I'd think that the American versions of the dishes are a lot heavier on the oil, salt, and meats than the Chinese versions.

5. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Hmm...if you were here I would cook up some chinese cuisine for you to compare:) That way you will know the differences:) It's nice to know other cultures who love chinese food..at least you are daring and would make an interesting individual:)

6. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Did you know that being addicted to fastfood is as wors then being addicted to cigarettes?

7. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I think that fast food would win in a fight, Real Food has the advantage of all those vitamins and things but fast food has had more experience killing people.

8. msg2009

is it even possible to be addicted to fast food?
    i just think its people been lazy and cant be bothered to cook

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

The amount of calories in food/meals isn't an indicator of unhealthy it is.

hmm Lung Cancer vs Obesity and Diabetes, I know which I would rather have...

10. TirithRR

People like to get rid of any personal responsibility. So they make up these things about the addictiveness of things that taste good and are fun, so that they don't have to have any personal responsibility for doing it all the time. "It's not my fault, I'm addicted!".

Sugar, Fat, Salt, they all taste good. But they aren't truly addictive. It's just a bunch of weak willed people who want something to blame other than themselves for their actions.

11. gaynorvader

Having said that; some people do have a genuine eating disorder.

12. TirithRR

Anorexia and Bulimia are true eating disorders (plus others). "Addiction" to "tasty foods" is not.

13. gaynorvader

No, that's true. I was talking of people who eat when depressed/stressed. They don't necessarily eat 'tasty foods' but usually go for the foods that release endorphins or whatever.

14. msg2009

i dont believe that.
    when people are depressed/stressed their not in the mood to cook probably.

15. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

When I'm low on food and Cash I'd grab my mom's Car and ride over to Subway,Mcdonald's whatever.I eat real homemade food most of the time but I only do fast food as a last resort.

16. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Well so far there is not a therapy club for 'HELP! I am a fast food addict!' yet I hope? :p

17. Mein

Mein Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it called Slow food?
    All foods are real(lol!).
    Anyway, i love both.

18. goobergraper

goobergraper Member

Our family is really big on the "eating at home" mentality, so we seldom to never get fast-food thankfully. Every so often we pick up a fried chicken, but usually it ends up being too greasy and much of it is left uneaten. Personally, I just find fast-food nauseating, and definitely prefer the wholesomeness of my mom's home cooking. Thanks Mom.

19. Lysergic420

Lysergic420 Active Member

I prefer "real" food but I will eat fast food a few times a week.
    It's easier (yes I'm lazy) cheaper and I hate cleaning up after cooking!

20. PuffyChain

PuffyChain Well-Known Member

real food... good for my health... and keep u healthy life
    fast food... sometimes only...