1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fast Food VS Real Food

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgirl, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

As long as it's chicken, it's good to me XD

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Usually stick to homemade food myself, but I sometimes get a craving for some MSG and it's onto the chinese...

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Glutamic acid naturally occurs in a lot of the savory foods. It's what makes good food taste good. You don't need the crystallized product MSG to get the flavor.

4. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

How many of you also read or refer to the calorie intake of the fastfood menu before deciding what to order? Does it even state the truth?

5. TirithRR

If I'm eating fast food, I'd rather not know how many days worth of meals I am eating in a single sitting :)
    And I am fairly certain that legally it has to state the truth. In the US at least.

The thing is, most people don't care. They could have big pictures of a skull and cross bones next to the menu items and they would still be ordering that Triple Big Mac, Extra Large Fries, and a 60 ounce Coca-Cola with a free refill as they walk out the door after drinking the first 60 ounces.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Those have to tell the truth.

Honestly, if i'm eating at Mcdonalds, i won't be looking at the calories

7. ZeroDigit

ZeroDigit Member

Just had taco bell tonight for dinrar , Man that place rocks on a low budget XD

And in all gods honesty , we all want to eat better. ( or at least most of us lol )

8. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Taco Bell rules, i used to work at the one in our mall for a like a year and a half. That was awhile ago.

Last year they took it out of the mall, now it's hard to actually get to, and a little out of the way.

I love their chicken quesadilla's

9. Marnex

Marnex Well-Known Member

I'm Cuban. I eat unhealthy, but delicious food all the time. The only fast food places I like are Burger King and Chik-fil-A. And Chinese Food is pretty awesome too, although I don't think that's fast food.

10. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

eat real food for good health....

11. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Lol, I realise. But sometimes I just want the taste of ridiculous amounts that can only seem to be found in chinese takeaways.

12. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Does fish and chips considered fastfood in any terms?

13. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Humans can be consumed, too. Don't forget that.

I prefer to prepare my own food, unless it's from a five-star restaurant.

14. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Depends on the resturaunt, a good chippy will use fresh fish and will peel their own potatoes.

15. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

real food.
    i do get 1 takeaway a week though as a treat, usually a chinese

16. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

Same, but as long as I excercise and have a healthy diet otherwise, I'm sure it's acceptable.

Also seeing all these posts, is making me think some people are lying. If you are lying then shame on you, if you're not, then good for you.

17. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

LOL, even if they were lying, it would be on their own account. :p Chinese food is not so much of a fastfood, yes in other countries like U.S they do call it fastfood for takeaway in a cup-like container (so cute). I mean I am a chinese and I cook chinese food everyday, rice, fish or stir fry vegetables and even fried noodles or glass noodles. We practically eat these everyday because that's our diet.

18. TirithRR

US "Chinese" food and real food eaten by Chinese are two different things though. The stuff people eat at a Chinese buffet or in take out from a Chinese delivery place in the US is not any more healthy for you than the stuff you'd eat at Taco Bell or a burger joint.

19. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Curious question,how is it different?
    I've never actually tried "US Chinese food"

20. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Oh really? Do enlighten me? Cause yes I would really wanna know the differences?