1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Fallout 3

Discussion in 'PC' started by Dagkeln Dustfist, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Gietz

Gietz Well-Known Member

I haven't played Oblivion, but imo, Fallout 3 is amazing.
    Shooting/aiming can be a little tough, but overall its just really good.

VATs is also broken to the max.

2. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

What other RPGs have you played? I'm interested to know why you'd place Oblivion so highly.

3. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I would consider Mass Effect better than Oblivion, but that's just my opinion.

4. wolfshark

wolfshark Active Member

oh my god are you serious mass effect sucked hard

5. Ichigo Tenshou

Ichigo Tenshou Well-Known Member

is it hard playing fallout 3 on pc ive only played it on PS3

6. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Mass Effect was fantastic. That game had epic written all over it. One of the best games ever. Knights of the old Republic is another amazing RPG.

I really did not find Oblivion entertaining. It felt lifeless and boring. The quests were interesting in terms of the idea but in execution they were pretty lame. That's just my opinion. Fallout 3 on the other hand is truly amazing. The world feels alive and you feel like you are part of the wasteland. You actually want to walk all the way to the corner of the map and see what's there. It's really enjoyable exploring the Wasteland. Even though it is similar to Oblivion in many ways, for some reason it surpasses it greatly and is completely different on another level.

7. Ichigo Tenshou

okay kool its like Oblivion sort of.

8. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

!Spoilers!

Fallout 3s great, its a nice FPS with rpg styles. Got some wierd quests in it, like the one about a man that got fused with a tree....
    Some of the guns are awsome, like the Fat Man. Although I neer came across a proper scoped rifle, just some magnum hand gun.
    I'd have liked to seen the lands regrown back (getting rid of those stupid rads) but the in one of the endings have to die to save mankind ... :-\ Theres a mod on the internet called a GECK though, (name originates from the game) that allows you to literally anything.

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Cool, nice to know this game's good. I recently got it, gonna install it very soon (I'm putting the disc on my drive!!! :p). I hope it's as good as you say.

I didn't play much of Oblivion, but what I did was fabulous. If this is better than Oblivion, then great. :)

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have a sniper rifle.

11. Ichigo Tenshou

I Like to kill people with a Sledgehammer.

12. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I played it this afternoon nonstop, the game is friggin HUGE!!! It's great.

But I don't have any of those fancy guns, just the 10mm one, a 0.32 revolver, laser gun, the whatsoeversewed shotgun and two asault rifles, I believe.

One question: is having bad karma a bad thing? Because I am on the Evil rank, I think, thought (Very) Good or Neutral were the good ones.

13. grimsim1

If you have a negative Karma, people will dislike you and generally you will probably not benefit from any situations you would have benefited from if you had good Karma. I'm assuming though because I have good Karma and people randomly run up to me and give me gifts, although they are rather useless but I'm sure good, bad and neutral Karma has certain unique effects. I also know that it affects the ending.

I find the Shotgun and the Chinese Assault Rifles to be the most useful weapons so far.

14. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

The game once told me that people might want to harm us if we have a Very Good/Very Bad karma, but having one of those will give us special gifts in the game and weapons, whereas having Neutral karma will not get us pursued by anyone, but we also won't have any benefits. I think that's it.

The shotgun doesn't have much cartridges for me at the moment (only two at the same time), but the Chinese Assault Rifle is very good indeed. I tend to use the baseball bat a lot, it's one of the strongest weapons for me (7 damage).

15. Loonylion

I have the unique plasma rifle obtained by completing the 'replicated man' chain. It's really powerful and can't seem to run out of ammo :)

16. Ichigo Tenshou

awsome loonylion

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I am yet to complete that quest. Gonna do it next time I have the chance.

I'm constantly running out of ammo for my guns. Isn't there anyone that sells a lot of ammo?

18. grimsim1

Go to Rivet City. This guy named Flak there sells tons of ammo. You will be fine for ammo once you get to Rivet City. Also exploring the Wasteland will bag you ammo. Just randomly walk around and explore locations. I find loads of ammo that way and now it no longer is a problem, although caps will become your next problem. Always store your weapons and items you don't need at your house (Megaton or Tenpenny Towers) so you have more to carry and you can sell all the junk you pick up, like weapons and armor, provided it has a good value of course. No point carrying around something that will sell for like 10 caps.

19. Loonylion

also there are abilities that allow you to find more money and more ammo.

20. grimsim1

I finished that quest and got nothing....how did you get that unique plasma rifle? I did get a unique gun from the "Obtain Declaration of Independence" quest though...