1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Facebook, Youtube and stalkers.

Discussion in 'Rants' started by JohnnieBob, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

CRV-there is a report button, same with facebook...

But what pisses me off on facebook as in one case...I couldn't "report" someone because it had to be on their profile-what if they post on my wall?

Friends reports them...on my page...counts as ME being reported :(

In the end...freedom of speech causes too many arguments...get off the internet while your still sane.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

LOL!

I have a Facebook account but it's not mine per se. My cousins created it because I said to them that I wouldn't get on the fad (Facebook). But instead of just letting me be, they grabbed several photos off my Friendster account & created "my" Facebook account.

Also about Freedom of Speech, what a lot of people are forgetting is that you have to be accountable for what you say online. I don't believe in that whole "This is teh internet" excuse as it's a very stupid one at that. People need to realize that whatever you say online will reflect what kind of society it is you grew up in. And being born in one where you can be a dick to others as much as you want is not a healthy society in my opinion.

3. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

It has, but not where you want them and not doing what you expect. Just try to criticize new non-functional YouTube features on their blog to see if they will not delete your comment. Thats the same thing Apple does when people post on their forums about problems with their devices.

Coudn't agree more. Even living on the south(being south american, since I live in the american continent), I see that a lot. Most americans think the world revolves around them. Don't get me wrong people, but that's what I see on these sites like YouTube and stuff. Strangely enough, most people that do that are either trolls, spammers, video leechers(that stole videos you post and post them as their own) or all three at the same time!

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

You forgot smart ass children who never got spanked (disciplined properly) by their parents because America deemed spanking as an act of child Abuse therefore spawning asshole bratty children as another group of those bad people roaming the net.

One of my favorite Transformers toy collector & reviewer Peaugh once received a bad comment on one of his reviews & when I went to that person's channel it turned out he was just a bratty snot nosed 9 year old punk.

5. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

You can raise a decent child without spanking them, you know... but that's an entirely different topic.

Just be glad they're not actually stalking you in your back yard, yeah? By the way, don't use Twitter if you don't wanna be stalked.

6. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

You just don't have to type EVERYTHING you do on Twitter! That's the main problem. Some people think that they're safe because Twitter says so.

7. MessoMesso

But that's what everyone does.

Anyway, I think it's time for me to start stalking Hugo Chavez...

8. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

And you have to follow what everyone does? That's following trend, for starters.

I wouldn't even try that. He has a huge bodyguard that almost killed a reporter that tried to interview Chavez.

9. MessoMesso

Shuddap man you're blowing my cover...

-shirks-

10. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Anyone heard of Kate's party? Over 60,000 people RSVP'ed before it got put down by facebook. It was a prank.

11. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

Internet stalk?

12. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

i make it my mission to make sure my family does not know of my Littlekill persona

they would commit me if they found out all of this, also RL friends do not know of my internet world

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Let me guess, you're actually Doctor Phil in real life?

14. SpooferJahk

SpooferJahk Member

I hate that too, and I am an American! It reminds me of finding an episode of Bleach in German on YouTube, I didn't watch it that long because I could not really understand it, but I liked the voice acting and thought it was a pretty good job. In the comments section though, a lot of people ended up saying a bunch of comments about how Germany is a horrible country because it is filled with Nazis, I seriously can not see how they can think that when Germany is not like that anymore. Anyways on the topic, yeah, Facebook is kind of annoying with how everyone can stalk you, I usually turn the chat function off so I do not have a bunch of people saying hello and chatting with me when I just want to look at something for a few seconds and leave.

15. Littlekill

I'm not fat you disgusting pinoy!

16. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Dr Phil is a hard kunt.

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Dude, what's wrong with you?

I've known you for dishing out mean throw backs than this.

Anyway, back on topic:

It's a shame the real world relies to much on social networking sites to the point that even Professionals (& companies) look into it as a tool in evaluating potential job applicants.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Plus the chat function lags like hell (on my laptop that is).

...and they truly are random on these sites...

19. Littlekill

This place is softening me up! Can't be helped

20. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

The funny thing is(these don't apply to anyone):

-People don't use email anymore only rely on these sites, even tough you need email adress to use these sites.
    -People don't use cellphones to talk to people, only to post on these sites, even tough the cellphone was originally designed to be a portable telephone(which still is for some people).

And other stuff.