1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Facebook, Youtube and stalkers.

Discussion in 'Rants' started by JohnnieBob, Apr 7, 2010.

1. JohnnieBob

JohnnieBob Well-Known Member

Lately, I've gotten into using youtube (More precisely, my account) and looking at some of my (Real-life) youtube friend's accounts. I've noticed a common... mistake.... They seem to have links to their facebook/Bebo/myspace/etc, which is a BAD IDEA... I've had my facebook link on mine a year ago (My previous youtube account). I had a good ammout of subscribers, around 50 +, and some added me on FB. I thought "Great, more friends!" but no. They're all "OMG! I love your shirt on this picture!" and here's a (Fake) example of my status nd comments:
    Johnnie says: "My mum is sooo annoying!" 20 mins ago
    Sarah likes this
    Sarah says: "Me too! Why do they even make us work so young?! Lol!" 19 mins ago
    Sarah says: "OMG, she made me clean her phones' screen!!!! She must have read this and wanted to annoy me :mad:" 18 mins ago
    Sarah says : "I suppose she isn't too bad, shes getting me an I-phone!" 17 mins ago
    Vicky says : "I now, our mum's a bitch =P" 16 mins ago
    Sarah says: "Lol, she wants me to clean my room, I suppose I HAVE to, she is getting me an I-phone!!"15 mins ago
    Johnnie says: "Great... You should make that your status!" 14 mins ago
    Sarah says: "YEAH I SO SHOULD!" 14 mins ago
    Sarash says: "dj;pforitjskkglket;sfkh;" 13 mins ago
    Sarah says: "lfkjewsjgktlxfphbgetd"10 mins ago
    Johnnie says: "SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" about 10 seconds ago

She kept doing this.... My pictures, my status, my downloads, comments to other people and even copied all my fan pages!!! It was made even MORE annoying because I got notifications on my mobile.... And, she was an unemployed American, I'm a school boy. Got my phone took off me every f*****g day :mad:!!!!!!

Once, she even PM'd me about her thinking about moving here to meet me... It wasn't creepy. It was Mega-super-matafalicious-creepy. (Matafalicious is made up, yet I find it effective.) And annoying. To get her to stop I had to say she was perving on me and reporting her. Goes without saying I blocked her. This worked... for a while. She made new accounts (Different names every time) and added me.
    )
    As, I only made pokemon videos (Battling and such) this was very creepy...

Anyone else had similar experiences?

2. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

*Joins the Bandwagon*

That makes two of us pal.On Youtube too many ppl seem to know me for some reason.I actually want a low profile but after being in other places it would seem reasonable as to why so many ppl know me.Sux though

3. JohnnieBob

I'm scared. You have/had the same problem and same person for our avatar....

4. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

My experiences mostly deal with spam bots and people who friend me just to get their friend number up. But as for stalking? Meh, has never happened to me. At least to my knowledge. If anything, I would be the person stalking someone! But not like that chick up there. No, there's only one person I want to stalk, and that's to talk to him about why he did what he did, and see if he was repentant for anything. But that's beside the point.

I've never been comfortable giving out details about my identity, like my name and address. Maybe you should dump your Facebook account and make a new one with a new name?

5. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

You took the wors right out of my mouth! I was gonna say something 90% the same... Anyway, don't ever link your FB with your Youtube.

6. AnimeboyX3

Maybe both of us are just fans of Kyon also your probably not the only one who's dealt with this kinda thing.I guess I didn't tell you how I've been hacked consistently in the past as well.Tell me has THAT ever happen to you?

7. JohnnieBob

Not in facebook, Bebo... But it was someone from youtube. Has THAT happened to you?

8. MessoMesso

Err, is the amount of misfortune that befalls upon one the new way to evaluate one's penis size? 'Cuz that's the vibe I'm getting.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

[me=hYpNoS]laughs at the miss-fortune[/me]

Each account I have I keep isolated from the other for "protection" with some even using different user names.

Sure you all know b now I have a facebook, but you guys don't know howm to find me, all my accounts are on private, and I avoid random adds (infact I'm planning to delete a few I done long time ago while I was half asleep-I only need 70 friends because that's all family-the other 30 are randoms that I actually hate!).

I'm glad my brother's attempt at myspace (he's 13 now-11 when it was made) gone down the drain before any random adds could add him.

10. MessoMesso

Exactly what I do. Messo is my gaming account, L--- is my ----- account, F----- is when I want to ------, et cetera.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Indeed. Although this is the only board I frequent now, but I'll never share my Facebook or Youtube (I might make another one since that LK drunk thing). I guess my account name is so vague that it's actually impossible to find a bead on me, anywhere (keep in mind that my username and real name is Natalie).

If someone is annoying you on anything, block them on everything, I've done that a couple of times.

Oh yeah, what's your YouTube, Facebook, Bebo, myspace and MSN please?

12. kme92

kme92 Well-Known Member

Why I dont use any of those :)

13. AnimeboyX3

Myspace and Youtube it has happened to me in both places.But seriously hackers and online stalkers are sad lonely ppl with nothing better to do really.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It's a hobby, plus they are learning valuble skills for the next war/learn to become professional hackers who are paid to crack sites to find flaws so they can be patched...or just smart arsed kids :p

Even I wouldn't find out your accounts even though I know your first name :(

Oh and here is a good tip, make SEPERATE email accounts and give them a purpose...

I have a few, one for business, one from "utter crap" (ie forums) and one just to exploit the psn network amongst other things :p

Also make sure your passwords are foll proof, for example with the secret question "where do you live" what would you put?

Here's mine.

HAHC4NTH4KME! (work this out and you get a cookie-also this is an example of what you should use)

15. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

It's clearly 'Hah! can't hack me'. I want my cookie posthaste.

16. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

haha got to laugh at that.
    some people are just properly strange, you should have arranged to meet her in say, a town 200 miles away. I would be laughing for days if she went :)

17. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Post your adress, right here.

...great...now I have to buy an idiot proof cookie cooking set, and some cement.

18. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

poor kyon...
    anyway i havent been stalked yet as far as i know maybe there too good!!
    *bush shounds*hey whos there?
    anyway sometimes im the one who stalks to people i want to get close to

19. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

I never had that experience and or saw people having it. Since I'm Brazillian, most people see me like small fry, so I don't get these issues(or even friends for that matter).

But I saw some people I follow as a fan passing that, and I fell sorry for them. You give a face toa afollowing name, and that's what happens. That's why I kudos people like chuggaconroy and some lets players. They don't get stalked(i guess) cause people don't know how they look like.

Hoping not to be too off-topic.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

The one thing I absolutely hate about Youtube?

IT HAS NO MODERATION STAFF!

Youtube has become a cesspool of Racists, Bigots, gay bashers & all around hateful people & the worst part.... 80% of these people are American.

I'm sorry if this will piss of American RomUlation members, but I've got to be honest here. Most of the haters I've seen on Youtube are Americans who leave slanderous comments on videos they shouldn't be posting on anyway.

An example:

There's this video of a classic 80's Filipino movie on youtube (Captain Barbell) & there's this prick American who posts, "This movie is gay & the hero is a Superman rip off. You people should just kill yourself".

On another video, which is Spongebob Squarepants in Filipino, "You people sicken me! Why the Fuck did you ruin Spongebob with this monkey Language of yours! Go to hell!".

Seriously, Youtube shows what "real Americans" are, racist self-centered jerks who think they own the internet.

And oh, don't get me wrong, whenever I encounter people like these I go to their profiles to see where they're from & as I said 80% of 'em are Americans. I did found a guy from U.K. once bitching on the preparation of a Chinese dish modified to be cooked using Filipino native ingredients. He was bitching that the recipe used the wrong ingredients & the cook demoing the dish was a cunt.