1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FA Premiership 2008 - 2009

Discussion in 'Sports' started by grimsim1, Aug 10, 2008.

1. jackblaze

jackblaze Well-Known Member

i give up u can say awful aboyt rooney all u want

2. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

then what are you?? :(

how about Riera?? he's very bad
    how about Denilson?? he's very slow and lazy
    how about Ivanovic?? he's making so much error
    how about Franco Di Santo?? even Bent is better than him
    how about Hilario?? he's terrible keeper
    how about Hyypia?? he past his best
    how about Voronin?? he's very bad, even in FA cup not play
    how about Yossi Benayoun?? quite fast but not that good

are they should play in tottenham or everton?? of course not!! the club pick them for club, and here they are ,standard player in BIG 4..
    Ex. Lampard, Slow, not tactical, and low player for the 1st, why he become good right now?? it because he play in Chelsea

btw Rooney is not a standard player

3. redman919

redman919 Member

i really want liverpool to win this year..and i want sunderland to be in top ten when they finish their season...

4. azmi_mumin

azmi_mumin Member

If being labeled bad means outshining Masherano and Alonso in midfield throughout this season and scoring in the likes of that stunning opening goal against Preston, then Riera is BAD...

Hilario isn't a terrible keeper and he did a splendid job covering Cech and Cudicini when both went AWOL during that infamous Reading match. He's the 3rd choice after all and I'm not complaining.

Voronin wasn't featured simply because... Well, he ain't there in the first place...!!! Currently out on loan with Hertha Berlin.

5. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Your argument here has HUGE fail written all over it. Riera? One of the best left wingers in the league this season? He has been terrific. So much skill, and he is pacy for his size. Compared to the likes of Nani, who is a terrible player, Riera is a star. Ivanovic and Di Santo are youngsters and they are still learning the English game. They may not make it big but they are still unknown players. Hyypia was an amazing defender and he doesn't play much now, but he can still outplay Wes Brown any time. Basically, you just took a bunch of lesser known players, and some Liverpool players you have heard of and threw them in the pot and compared them. I don't think you know what you talking about.

I may hate Frank Lampard, but he is a great midfielder. He scores bags of goals and dictates play from the centre. He is famous because he is good.

Thank you. At least you know what you're talking about. But I must disagree that Riera can't be judged better than Alonso or Mascherano simply because they are different types of players. Riera's job is to be a winger. The other two are holding midfielders and 80 % of they game they are defending and holding the line. You rarely hear their name in the game because thats the type of position they play. Holding off the attack of the opposition and cutting out passes etc. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

6. EDRICK88

allright i dont want this become harsh debate
    BUT

you the one is fool, ivanovic is not a youngster anymore. he 24. and i know what im talking about because i am an EPL fans.

you are certainly a liverpool fans that not join one of the liverpool group either, L'pool fans wants 2 player out at the end of season --> Albert Riera and Robbie Keane
    so can you still said he's good?? rubish..
    have you ever open liverpool site?? you're never open it, www.liverpoolfc.tv
    open it "fake liverpool fans"

fail written?? your brain just too small to understand it
    anyone knows that Hyypia is bad and Brown is the good one

btw lampard is not a good player at the 1st, everybody hates him when he was at west ham. it because he's very fat but in the west ham 1st team (of course it because his uncle is the manager)
    cant you make a statement by fact??
    poor you

7. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Edrick....you are ridiculous
    I could use harsher words but I don't want to hurt your feelings

Franco Di Santo is 19 years old and he's only made 3 appearances for Chelsea...
    He did score 7 goals in 8 reserve games though, so I wager you'll be eating your words come May..

Riera is bad and Hyppia is past his best? That's hilarious
    I'm guessing you've haven't watched more than 2 minutes of a Liverpool match all season

And Frank Lampard is a wonderful player....according to the media
    You see where I'm going here?

Put down The Sun and go watch a bloody match you ridiculous ridiculous man

8. grimsim1

Edrick, wow, your lack of football knowledge astounds me. You are preaching to a person that lives, eats, breathes football. I play, have coached and watch football all the time. I have seen every single Liverpool game this season so you calling me a fake fan is the stupidest thing ever. In fact, tonight I am going to watch the Blyth Spartans v Blackburn Rovers game. Who you ask? Exactly.

I am sure iamlegend will agree with me that hardly any Liverpool fans would like to see Riera go, especially seeing as he has been our best left winger in years and years. You saying that Brown is better than Hyypia and that Hyypia is a bad player is such a fantastic indication of how little you know about the game. Over 300 appearances, many of which as captain, for one of the best teams in Europe? Over 90 caps and captain of Finnish national team, a decent side too. Fail!!!!!!

Go out, watch a some football, and then come argue with me. I have been watching football for about 15 years, since I was a little boy and could understand the game.
    Oh and 24 is still considered young in footballing terms, considering players reach their peaks at about 29 -31 and most retire at about 34. That means he has nearly ten years of football left considered to the 4-5 years he has had as a professional. Learn your facts, retard.

9. jackblaze

i actually agree with iamlegend and grimsim for the first in a while.
    Edrick you have gotten some awful info or you are not watching football riera is one of the Left wingers in EPL and all that the list of players you put up are skilled players in there own way with different skills.
    On the hyypia thing he is a good player just not used enough

10. grimsim1

Thank you, at least you know what you're talking about!

11. jackblaze

i also think franco di santo will develope well i have seen him play and he has potential

12. EDRICK88

allright whatever you say, you'll see..

13. jackblaze

I really dont mean any disrespect to your thoughts but i just think you should rethink you words

14. azmi_mumin

azmi_mumin Member

LoL...!!! Sorry about the misunderstanding, I knew this was going to happen as I happen to categorize Riera under his general role which is a mid-fielder for this post and not his specific role as a winger, thus his contribution is more than Xabi and Javier but a little less than Steven...

Nonetheless, Ashley Young is totally impressive this season if we're talking about wingers. Blistering pace, pin-point accuracy and most importantly, the eye for goal. An England call-up is certainly in the bag.

15. jackblaze

Already in the bag and if we are talking about wingers then Bentley and Lennon should be called although not scoring goals like young but their runs are impressive and the put pressure on opposition defence i can see why Juande Wants To bring Lennon And Young to spain

16. grimsim1

Haha, yeah I thought you just made a mistake. No worries man. I got what you were trying to say though, just pointed out just in case. :)

Ashley Young is really good. I agree with that. Bentley has the talent but I sometimes think his attitude isn't really up there. He seems too arrogant and sometimes doesn't try hard enough but I know he is quality. If only he applied himself better.

I must disagree with Lennon though. I think he is shocking. That player isn't good at all. I used to watch Spurs games all the time when Berbatov played for them and Lennon could never deliver a decent cross. He would always try dribble past the left back/right back and lose the ball. When he did cross, they were terrible and nowhere near Berba's head. I just think he is a shocking player.

17. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

I'm appalled you think so...
    Xabi's form is key to Liverpool's success this season
    Xabi is key to everything...he's not leading the passing charts for nothing

And his dedication and loyalty has to be applauded
    after almost being forced out in the summer,
    he puts in the best season of his life so far
    and then there's this: http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/7/Prem-Benitez-on-Alonso/gnid-34354/

18. jackblaze

It might be but he needs to start scoring more often

19. grimsim1

He is a defensive midfielder, his job isn't to score goals. It's to stop them from going in, and judging by the fact that Liverpool have hardly conceded any goals, I rate he is doing his job well.

20. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

Off topic again, but I have a few questions:
    1) How would Futbol have a "Double Header"?(Anecdote)
    2) Where is Wolverhampton?
    3) Why does Crystal palace and Wolverton do so bad in the 1st division?
    4) Who in John Lenin is Xabi, and why should I care?(Lpool fan)
    5) What's with the Horrible grammar? I.e.:
    Okay, that was probably the worst on this topic, but you get my point, read your post before you post. That's what I do at least.
    6)Ashley Young? Berbatov? who [are they]?
    I hope I can shake things up a little by asking these questions so we may shed more light on these debates...

Can you tell where I'm from? hint: COOKIES!!! NOT Biscuits!! TRUCK!!! NOT Lorry!! Rob!! Not Blag!!(Artistic usage of Upper-cases and Exclamation points.) And give me some COFFEE! Earl Gray just don't do it for me.(I have minerals, but these hints are real and jokes!)Sorry, this should've gone to the intros topic I should've done, but I really didn't see it the first time looking through! I only saw it the fifth, when I was making sure that I didn't miss any rules. But it said it isn't exactly necessary.

Hope you guys get a kick out of the jokes and can help me out with the info.