1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FA Premiership 2008 - 2009

Discussion in 'Sports' started by grimsim1, Aug 10, 2008.

1. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

1) Yes they are different players but Rooney isn't very useful. You will notice that only Man U fans think he is actually good. He hardly ever gets goals. He is like a poor man's Dirk Kuyt. A lower grade version of him. I haven't noticed Rooney do anything great in a long time. Berbatov is just so classy. You can't help but sit in awe of the way he plays. He has so much skill and offers the team so much. Aside from Ronaldo, he is Man U's next best player. Oh, and Tevez sucks.

2) I haven't seen you guys give a good solid performance this season yet. Sure, I haven't seen every game but what I have seen, can't say I've been impressed.

3) Now here is where you are very very wrong. Yes, we did only win 2-1 but if you watched the game you would have noticed how many chances we had. We could have easily won by 4 or 5 goals because your team was on the backfoot throughout, even before the red card and you scored your goal against the run of play. You were lucky not to concede more goals. Ultimately we deserved our goal, even if it was scored by one of your players. We have played better than any of the top 4 so I think we deserve to be where we are.

4) Huge fail. Keane scores way more goals (maybe not this season but in general). Keane is equally as quick as Rooney. Rooney defends, thats true, but going forward Keane is better and surely thats what's important for a front man. Keane also works just as hard. I would rather have him in my team than Rooney any day.

2. jackblaze

jackblaze Well-Known Member

1)You do know that at the start of this season he had stats like 5 goals from 5 matches and he has a lot of football years ahead .
    and tevez does not suck but he is not perfect but i kinda agree.

2)Look at the Sunderland match from kick off they were dominating.

3)Back to Rooney vs Keane Look at these stats

Rooney-Years Club App (Gls)*
    2002–2004 Everton 67 (15)
    2004-present Man U 143 (57) decent for a youngster

While Keane has played for a long list of clubs and only performed at 1 and thats Tottenham

When Rooney is Keane age at the moment i bet he will be written in record books

3. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

Robbie Keane Career

Youth clubs

1995–1997 Crumlin United
    Wolverhampton Wanderers

Senior clubs

Years Club App (Gls)*
    1997–1999 Wolverhampton Wanderers 74 (24)
    1999–2000 Coventry City 31 (12)
    2000–2001 Inter Milan 6 (0)
    2001 Leeds United (loan) 18 (9)
    2001–2002 Leeds United 28 (4)
    2002–2008 Tottenham Hotspur 197 (80)
    2008–present Liverpool 17 (5)

i think rooney and keane have a same style to play on the field
    they're not truly striker, they can play in the wing, they're shadow striker, they have pace..., but rooney have a footwork better than keane

4. grimsim1

1) + 3) Well Rooney now has 10 goals this season in all competitions. Keane has 7. That's only 3 less. Not a big gap and considering Keane is banging them in recently, I can see him getting more eventually. If you would kindly look at the following links and compare the goal to game ratio of both Keane and Rooney you will notice that Keane does score more goals per game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Keane
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_rooney

Keane was a legend at Coventry City and at Leeds which prompted a move to a huge club like Inter Milan. If he had gotten a chance to play there, he would have made a huge impact but British players are well known for not performing well in foreign leagues.

And if you look at Berbatov's stats : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitar_Berbatov
    he scores more goals than anyone.

2) So you make a judgment on one game? A team plays impressively if they can consistently put in strong performances. Liverpool have been doing that but sadly I just don't see United doing that.

This is just a friendly debate by the way. Don't take it personally. :) it's my opinion based on facts.

5. jackblaze

Love friendly debates

1)This Season Rooney has played 21 matches with 10 goals and Keane 23 matches 7 goals.
    And im noting this once again Rooney YOUNG still has time to grow and develop and do remember that he has been injured for a while at man u

2)They have performed in many matches and i was just giving you a example

6. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Yes that is good...
    It's not like playing against a lesser team...
    Teams like United and Chelsea don't give away the lead when they get it,
    so for Liverpool to come back from that early setback was massive,
    especially considering the psychological barrier of not beating United for so long...

I have a few questions.
    What age are you?
    How often do you watch football?
    And most importantly, do you play football?

7. jackblaze

Age-19
    Whenever it is playing
    Yes i play football for my school and for a local club

8. iamlegend

As a thug and a cheat

9. jackblaze

haha very funny

10. grimsim1

Like I said, only Man U fans think he is good.

11. iamlegend

What's funny about the truth?
    He's a dirty player...surely you don't deny that?

12. jackblaze

kinda but you must admit he has talent
    look past all the bias and tell me if he has ability

13. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Time to put my 2 cents in :p

1) Have you really seen Rooney play otherwise (that is for England or for his former team Everton?) He is a support striker by nature, which means he is supposed to assist more than score. If the opportunity arises, he can take a goal for himself, but he never forgets his role.

2) We have not been on consistent form this season, but its only the first half eh? More to come hehe

3) I will concede and say that Liverpool did deserve to win, but I don't think you could have scored 4 or 5, I think you are getting ahead of yourself, you probably meant to say 'by 2 goals'. I'll forgive you this time.

4) Keane, oh boy, he is a man of talent, BUT, he is not as quick, not as proficient or as useful as Wayne.

14. iamlegend

Of course he has ability
    If he didn't he'd just be another scumbag on the streets of Liverpool
    Does he have anywhere near as much talent as United fans and the media make out?
    A bit fat, resounding NO!!!

15. jackblaze

thank u dmac the voice of reason

16. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

Check the link, and you will know not only Man U fans think he is good
    http://www.thetimes.co.za/Sport/Article.aspx?id=895707
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article5380493.ece
    http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,185599,00.html

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you believe what the media say you're naive

18. grimsim1

Dude, I refuse to believe he is good. Im sorry. He just isn't. Ok, he has some talent, but he is too overated and should be playing for like Everton or Spurs and not for a top 4 team. He had like 2 or 3 good moments and now he is hailed so much. Thats rubbish, im sorry.

19. jackblaze

that is the problem your not open minded

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That's rich coming from a united fan.