1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FA Premiership 2008 - 2009

Discussion in 'Sports' started by grimsim1, Aug 10, 2008.

1. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Not a chance ;D

2. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I forget you are Irish :) Well, we will see when we play against each other. heh heh heh

3. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Lovely day today was, eh?

4. grimsim1

Not so lovely I would say. I can't believe we let up against Spurs. Had that game in the bag. :( At least Arsenal lost.

5. safc15

safc15 Member

c mon SUNDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Manchester City still not in top 6. Boo hoo for me :/
    How about Spurs? Is this a turning point for them with Redknapp at the helm? They sucked balls the past month or two anyways, but they're finally winning.

7. grimsim1

Man city will get there, don't you worry. If only Petrov was playing. He gives the team so much, but its a shame he is always injured. Spurs have been revolutionised under Harry "Houdini". But in honesty, they did not deserve to get anything out of the Arsenal game, let alone the Liverpool game, and the City game was a scrappy win at best. I think they will do well though because winning games like those makes a tough team. Imagine them on their on day. It takes time to build confidence back in the players. I really do think that my team Liverpool will achieve great things this season. I reckon the FA Cup and Premiership we could win. 8 points ahead of United, if only we beat Stoke and Spurs like we should have, would be ahead of Chelsea too.

8. dmac154

Well, United still has a game in hand against Fulham. I expect to win that one, plus I hope we can pull through a victory against the reds, the blues and the gunners (all at home) :).

9. grimsim1

Don't forget dmac, we broke Chelsea's unbeaten record of four and a half years AWAY ;) we might not be that easy to beat even at the theater of dreams

10. dmac154

We'll see buddy, as I said, its Manchester United, and we are yet fully in stride plus we still have some injuries, so march 14th, Liverpool will be ours :p

11. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

Table end of the season

1. Man Utd Top Goal Score
    2. Liverpool 1. Rooney 24
    3. Chelsea 2. Ronaldo 20
    4. Hull 3. Torres 16
    5. Aston Villa 4. Robinho 16
    6. Arsenal 5. Zaki 14
    7. Everton
    8. Man City
    9. M'boro
    10. Sunderland
    11. Fulham
    12. Wigan
    13. Tottenham
    14. Bolton
    15. Blackburn
    16. Portsmouth
    17. Stoke
    18. Newcastle
    19. WBA
    20. West Ham

12. dmac154

The above table looks about right, with ManU being on top of course :p
    Goal scorers might not work, as I think Torres will be first or tied with Rooney, then Ronaldo and so forth.

13. iamlegend

Injuries? Like when Torres and Gerrard weren't playing against United...?

er...Zaki and Robinho already have 8 and 7 goals respectively...
    It's a bit naive at this stage to think Zaki won't get more than 14...

And where is there anything to suggest Rooney will get 24 goals?
    The most he's ever got in the league is 16...and that was three years ago
    He's only got 3 in 11 games this season...

14. EDRICK88

im very optimise that Rooey will score sooo........ooo much goal this season!!
    my prediction 33goals for all match this season
    Glory..Glory..Man UTD ;D

15. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

I go for Arsenal, they're a fair side;
    Sure, if we had other players we'd be even better, but our younger side works because our team has good chemistry!
    And that's why, this is how top 4 will be (my prediction)
    Chelsea & Arsenal get the finals.
    Liverpool Third.
    Manchester United 4th.
    I do think that If Chelsea & Arsenal make the finals, the game will have to resort to penalty shoot-outs in order to determine the winner =)

Oh, and, another win for Arsenal against Wigan!
    And we went nearly two years without losing a single game so *blows raspberry*

16. grimsim1

It's impossible to have a penalty shootout in the league. I assume you mean the FA Cup? Liverpool will finish top I think, followed by Chelsea and then Man United. I think Aston Villa will beat Arsenal to fourth place. As for top scorer, I think Torres will take it. He will start scoring like a machine again. Zaki, Robinho and Anelka will also be near the top, perhaps even Berbatov.

17. iamlegend

:-\

Try these for size...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_football
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_league

18. dmac154

Way to school him iamlegend :p

19. EDRICK88

agree

20. Classic-wolf

Classic-wolf Well-Known Member

A bit off topic but which league is Wolverhampton in? I know they've been doing poorly recently so they aren't in the premiership, that I know of. I've been out of touch for the past four years, so could somebody tell me where they are? Also, when the World Cup rolls around, Republic of Ireland for the top five!

P.S.: Damn Argentina for the "Hand of God" incident