1. This forum is in read-only mode.

everyone wants 3ds but what about the crowd

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by dills2, Aug 1, 2010.

1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Nintendo wont buy your old DS, what a stupid idea, they are trying to make money not lose it. What would they do with millions of out of date consoles that nobody wants?
    With the demand been so high they dont have to offer any kind of deal, people will buy every single one nintendo can produce for a long time.

If you want one on launch pre order, they are only £190 its not a lot so all will go by pre order. I doubt their will be crowds unless shops reserve some for sale, but why would they if they can sell them before that?

I got my ps2 by preorder, £400 i paid and didn't even get a game to play on it, all i had was 2 demo's :(

2. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

This is like what happened to GBA.

3. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

Agree, Nintendo wouldn't buy your old ds, whose dump idea was it >:D

4. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

but i bet i could 75 dollars for a dsi

5. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

So you're saying it's going to decrease in value by 105 dollars?

6. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

i meant sell

7. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

ill be buying the 3DS later than most i guess. Maybe a year into its release.

give it some time for-

the price to drop (slightly)
    revision model (problems with the 3D, or revision model (3ds lite))
    game library to increase
    crack/hacks/flash carts to come out
    see what sony whips up handheldwise
    catch up on DS game backlog

8. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

watch as the 3DS gets like sold out like the iPhone.

9. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for the 3DS. Yeah, they will probably get sold out, but that happens to tons of successful game consoles. The 3DS's launch games + emulation potiential have me getting a little more hyped everyday.

10. KingWooper

KingWooper Active Member

1. Are you poor?
    2. What can they possibly improve?
    3. OK.
    4. OK too.
    5. Won't be as good as this anyway.
    6. Catch up on it on your 3DS :p

11. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

seeing all these comments makes me want to start a fanclub :p
    Post Merge: [time]1280982497[/time]
    luckly i live near a gamestop where trade-ins are welcomed

12. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

1. Maybe he is too young for a job or has bills to pay, asking "are you poor?" is just rude.
    2. Everything.
    3. Excellent reason
    4. Excellent reason
    5. Why not? do you own sony, do you know whats going on? why would they bring out something inferior? You sound like a biased fanboy.
    6. Why buy it at top price when he can wait until 1,2,3,4 and 5 are sorted and get it cheaper? as in - all his other points....

13. manaseater

im a medical student- seeing my tuition would make you cry, not to mention flat fees, bills, food etc.

the $250 speculated price is not easy to come by.

playing gba games is still better on the gba sp in my opinion, and i think that DS games will still feel better on the DS than the 3DS.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Man, I agree with you that the GBAsp is better for GBA than the DS (as the first DS had a lower backlight, awkward button positioning for GBA and incited cramps, and the DSl just has awkward buttons) but DS games on the 3DS looks to be exactly the same.

The three differences from the DS to 3DS is upgraded specs, a bigger top screen (although I think they made the bottom screen a little bigger), and the 3D part for 3DS. That being said, everything else is the same, I don't really expect that DS games will be better on the DS compared to the 3DS, but I believe they'll be exactly the same.

As for hardware revisions for the 3DS, who knows. They'll have the inevitable different and more colors eventually around the time they're going to release the revision. And as far a what they can do to improve is probably going to be either screen size, portability (make it slimmer), bigger viewing angle for 3d... Uh.. I'm not too sure what else considering I haven't had my hands on one. Again, just speculating.

I've stuck with my original DS Phat, it's given me no problems and I'm still using it. So I can see myself getting the first release without complaint, as it's taken the best out of the DS revisions (brighter screens, better button positioning etc.).

15. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Actually, DS games might be better on the 3DS. Some graphics show up better in emulators than the DS lite.

Vector art is more clear, and graphics do improve.

16. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

1. Fine, it won't exactly be cheap.
    2. Don't know why your expecting a revision. The original DS was revised because it was bulky as fuck and some worthwhile improvements were made such as longer battery, brighter/bigger screens, more portable.
    The 3DS (as it is now) looks about as portable as they can possibly make it without reducing the screen size (who would want a smaller screen? the gba micro was major flop imo), if it does get a changed model, it'd probably be to make it bigger like the XL i reckon.
    3. Fair enough, if the initial games don't interest you. There's a enough to interest me for sure.
    4. I won't say this is impossible, but unlikely.
    5. What can you imagine sony doing? the psp had fair/enough differentiation from the ds, but that was mainly just graphics.
    6. Worth doing perhaps.
    I can probably say i've already played the best from what the ds has to offer (there are a few yet though), whenever i go back to play supposedly good games (which didn't interest me enough when released), i'm usually disappointed by them (always leave them unfinished).

17. manaseater

Oh, another thing is that im a late DS adopter.

i bought the ds phat when it first came out- with a legit game, sm64ds. Played it a bit and liked it a lot, but i got bored with just that one game.... at the time the library consisted of xx/xy feel the magic and one other crap game. I sold it.

later got a psp and played that a bit- held my attention for a bit longer.

exactly 10 days from today will mark owning a ds lite for 6 months. Ive got an amazing library to tackle- and i really love this system, i think its my favorite of all time- i play it everday for at least an hour.

The titles that are on the nintendo website for the 3DS honestly DO make me drool....

As for the revisions of the 3DS, i think its inevitable~

3D without glasses is relatively new, im sure that initial issues will need to be resolved; Besides, who envisioned a revision of the DS phat early on? what about the ds lite for that matter, who would think of a second and THIRD revision? Im sure many thought that the lite couldn't get any better at the time too!

Right now what ive seen of the 3DS is amazing, and it can only get better~!

18. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Well shit, you got rid of it too early. I remember there being quite a few top games which came during the first year and you still see them high in the top lists; Mario kart, Advance wars, Castlevania, Kirby (the touch one), Meteos etc. i still own legit copies of all these.

After the first couple of years i was similar to you and got a psp slim (never got rid of the ds though) which (at the time) i brought for FFT and the known possibility of hacking it, i don't care much for the psp's games, there are a few good ones, but for me the hack/emulation made it awesome along with a few homebrew/ports (Cave story ftw). I went back to my ds later using flashcarts... just because. I still buy games for it, but only exceptional and deserving titles lol.

I don't consider the DSi/XL revisions or upgrades, more like a downgrade.
    Beyond the lite there was nothing really to revise or improve on from the customer's perspective, only Nintendo's issue with how easily hackable it was. They added a bunch of useless crap i.e. camera, multimedia features, dsiware as a sidetrack and i still won't care about these features with the 3ds.