1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EveryBody Loves Raymond

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asdzxc123789, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You're quick to judge. It's probably because they are real situations, if I want a real situation, I'll start one in real life.

2. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The show is very pro-feminist
    If Raymond did the stuff his wife does to him it would be removed from TV.

She hits him, she screams at him, geez

3. dhanash

dhanash Well-Known Member

frank is kool

4. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

In WWII movie saving private ryan at the D-Day Omaha bit, that was a real situation...would u want one?

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, I don't want any situations, I don't want a fight with my hubby.

6. timbizcut

timbizcut Well-Known Member

re: everyone loves raymond. uh, no, they don't

7. GlidingGoose

People who dont get the jokes

8. timbizcut

timbizcut Well-Known Member

Yeah, because it IS such an intellectual show. Come on, if you can't understand the jokes in ELR you probably have trouble reading a newspaper or understanding the news. I get the 'jokes" - I just find them hackneyed, unoriginal and uninspiring. Not to mention sexist and dull. Sorry for all the people who do like this show, but to suggest that the reason I don't like the show is because I don't "get the jokes" is plain insulting. I like sitcoms that feature some originality, like The Mighty Boosh, Flight of the Concords, The Sarah Silverman Show, Daria and The Office. I could name 20 sitcoms that have the same formula as EBLR. Husband clueless in household matters. In-laws are annoying. The husband is immature. What stunningly new concepts.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Holy shit you're awesome. FotC, Sarah Silverman, Daria( haven't seen that in FOREVER) and The Office, are all amazing in their own rights. :>

Gliding Goose, get off your high horse, there are people that don't think the same way as you. Your opinion is only an opinion.

10. GlidingGoose

wooooooooow...ok...anyway, i'm not saying i love it, and your opinion is only an opinion as well.

Just to say, I love FOTC, The Office (UK & US), Extras, so on. And Daria, is that the cartoon one? I used to love that!

P.S: Sorry if i offended u!

11. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Which lead me to the question: King of Queens or Everybody Loves Raymond? Death is not a choice and only these 2.

12. dhanash

i never saw king of queens

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

King of Queens is essentially the same as Everybody Loves Raymond except the main character is fat and the dad of the family is the beloved Jerry Stiller.

But even Jerry Stiller can't save it.

14. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

...So which one?

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Probably King of Queens, Jerry Stiller is in it. He has more talent in a single molecule than any actor in either shows.

16. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Same here. Leah Remini turns out to be a scientologist but I don't give a crap.

17. dhanash

whats a scientologist? ive been hearing about it but never really looked it up

18. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

I dunno, but I heard people hate them.

19. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

A 'religion', I put those in quotes to question why it's a religion. It's more of a cult.

Basically Scientology think that Aliens created life and everything and they hide in volcanoes. Once the world is coming to an end by the super volcano, the aliens will come and save all of the scientologists.

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a religion in which your status in the hierarchy is based solely on the amount of money you give them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.