1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Error code when attempting to play PSX games on PSP

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by captainbitter, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainbitter

captainbitter Well-Known Member

The ISO I used to create the eboot is good. I played it to completion on a PC psx emulator. I did not rename the eboot. Is it possible there is an error in the firmware? How would I go about reinstalling the firmware?

Also, if I put the eboot in the "game" folder, should I set it to 1.50 or 5.XX?

Also, mds64, i didn't rename or change anything. Are there any other settings I can check?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If your using the file as it came out, it should technically work...

Is your firmware 5.00m33v6-please check it may help.

The only only thing I COULD suggest is...have any other files worked at all?

Not just psx conversions-psp iso games, homebrew, etc...

I will check my psp and see what options can be done.
    Post Merge: [time]1252095191[/time]
    ...is "pops loader" enabled in the prx plugin's in the recovery menu?

That could be the issue if disabled.

But then again that may just the the plugin that changes the pop's loader firmware-good for compatibility but not what we need.
    Post Merge: [time]1252131580[/time]
    Just adding-the pop's loader isn't the issue after I read the above post...

Be sure (after checking which exact firmware you got) that the eboot in in the generated folder it came in-placed in the game folder...

As for the "me and my katamari" that needs to go in an ISO folder in the root of the memory stick.

3. captainbitter

I finally found a fix. It was on like, page 10 of a google search. Turns out, it's a bug in the firmware.
    http://pspslimhacks.com/500-m33-0xffffffff-psx-error-fix/

I did a jig when I fixed it, and that's never happened to me while sober before.

Legend of mana works great, can't wait to try the rest. Thanks for all of your time, guys. It's great that we have such a nice community on the site.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

What is the EXACT firmware you have?

5.00m33 has a few different version-v6 doesn't need such a fix-my psx conversions worked straight away.

if there isn't a v6 next to it may I suggest getting that updated to avoid any future problems?

Well have fun anyways.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It was a bug... how did you fix it? Did you have to reinstall the firmware?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My guess it he had 5.00 m33 it may have been an old version of it-he never stated if it was v6 or not :(

7. captainbitter

I don't know what firmware it is. I'm a newbie. Also, popsloader isn't working... when I enable it, my games get an error code. Plus, Legend of mana freezes 5 minutes into the game. How can I upgrade to the latest M33 and where can I get the latest popsloader?
    Post Merge: [time]1252184595[/time]
    Oh, and at the system settings screen, it just says 5.00 M33. I don't know what version.

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The system settings screen would say 5.00M33-6 if you had it.

To update, just do this:
    http://dl.qj.net/CFW-5.00-M33-6-PSP/pg/12/fid/25689/catid/114

Easy as it can be :)

9. captainbitter

Thanks. Works great, now. I wonder what else I can do with this psp... It's got more uses than my DS, (PSX>>>GBA) but it's such a pain in the ass to get things to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.