1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe 1.7 Resident Evil Nemesis problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sonyuser333, Jul 29, 2009.

1. akiortagem

akiortagem Member

try PSXeven, works with most games, especially RE3

2. skye11

skye11 New Member

i have it to my emulator is epsxe 1.7.0 and have harvest moon btn on it but i run resident evil 3 it goes black after the nemesis word on it

solutions: just use the cue file not the bin

1. just press the start button at the intro( but it's rare to see the main menu

2. works for me when the "nemesis" comes out wait for 1 sec. and press start button

now i finished the game for 18 times using solution number 2

(note: when u downloaded it form romulation.net it starts the game with assault rifle and infinite ink ribbons, magnum, shotgun)

at the real game it starts with handgun..................

3. MeMeMe34

MeMeMe34 New Member

I had that problem, after the NEMESIS word it'll blank out. Then I came across this thread. DIdnt help me much, then I tried configuring.

the Pete's OpenGL solved my problem, it should also work on yours too!

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

opengl is only usable on nvidia graphics cards.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Good job reviving an old thread.

And why is it that my earlier response is concerning FF7 when it says Resident Evil?
    I'm confused.

I used OpenGL when I had my shitty Dell laptop with the Intel Chipset. Whether it ran nicely, I don't remember.
    I always thought OpenGL was the poor man's option, compared to DirectX.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no, opengl is the the open source alternative to directx, however only nvidia cards fully support it.

7. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

I have yet to run into a game that I couldn't play on ePSXe, you just have to have the right plugins and switch them around until you find the combo that works for the game you want to play. While in many cases you can find a decent all-around setup of plugins that work for most games, you will always have those select few games that won't co-operate with your favored plugin setup. Just change your plugins until it does. Sometimes, it just as simple as sacrificing some special settings (filtering/smoothing, frame buffer, resolution, etc) in the plugin's configuration to get a game working.

Because of the multitude of computer variations, one person's settings that worked for them won't necessarily work for you. Trial and error with plugin settings can yield great results, you just have to be persistent. It's the price you pay for pirating instead of using the original hardware/software. It's not supposed to be easy to play games for free.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I just use psxfin, it plays all games ive tried perfectly and there are no plug ins to mess about with.
    I hear its not as compatible as epsxe but ive never had a problem. Worth trying if you're having problems with epsxe.

9. KidSkrull

KidSkrull New Member

Just try running it in 1.6 because 1.7 doesnt seem to run it as easily.

10. trox22

trox22 New Member

I had the same problem. The game just froze right after the intro. However, I found a problem in controller settings. I changed the settings from [scph-1080] Digital to [scph-1200] DualShock and it works perfectly now.

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Any body ever heard of Psxfin v1.13 ? - may help http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/