1. This forum is in read-only mode.

End of the world

Discussion in 'General News' started by monter, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

off-topic
    since the words fact and crap were said in the last post, has anyone ever played "Fact or Crap?"
    I'm gonna have to dig that out of my closet.

on-topic
    Speaking of Planet X, awhile back scientists concluded that Pluto is no longer considered a planet.
    When Science is wrong, it is corrected to make sense.
    When religion is wrong, it is kept the same (minus the many different translations and versions, mainly pointing at the bible)

@1Blacks1
    If you don't have a credible source, then you can conclude that the information that you have read is false unless proven otherwise.
    Also, where did you read it? Newspaper, magazine, internet, what website, etc.

People like to put out information that is false out on the internet.
    Don't believe everything that you read, and especially don't assume that just because your teacher said it, it must be true.
    Remember that teachers can have bullshit majors/minors/degrees and there is a reason why they are paid less than 50k a year.
    Not all teachers are like that, but the majority are.

But most of all, I hate it when poets like to talk all "sciencey" in their poems or short stories and they state it as fact.
    Even poets are not credible sources for factual information.

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well said ^_^

3. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Ye ye i know i know. All i was doing was telling everyone what i read.

Thats all.

BTW

i cannot be bothered to go look for the source of were i read it. Thats long

-.-''

4. kryz

kryz Well-Known Member

so what happened to them experiment? o_O"?

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's not finished yet, if you read the whole topic you would of knew that...

6. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Woooh cjdogger rampage!!

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The Hadron Collider had a problem and had to be shut down, it'll restart when it's fixed, longer time to wait...

8. Quintafeira12

Quintafeira12 Active Member

Just like those guys that were going to build the time machine in 2006.

They aren't Rich and famous yet, so I can guess that their little machine to create... I was not sure how they said it, but I think the idea was making an highly intense gravitational field where stuff would be able to travel really fast... just failed. That being the first, it's the second time I hear about failed attemps at making a black hole.

BtW: Why would someone be as stupid as to try and make a big bang or a black hole in Earth? Wouldn't we, like, all die!? I'm almost 150% certain of it. In fact, I'm 150% certain that we'd kill several alien species across the universe were we to make a Big Bang.

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Your a perfect example of general ignorance, if you listened/read what you should have then you will know that they won't be big enough, a miniature black hole will collapse. And the failures weren't their fault, espescially not the second one... Read up before you call other people stupid...

10. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

I got one of the scientists who was working in geneva on the experiment coming to talk to us this week at school, how cool is that.

And Stephen Hawkins stated to reporters that black holes are always appearing in earths atmospehere, they are just to small and then collapse.

I don't think we are at risk otherwise they wouldn't try it. And they have had to call off the experiment due to mechanical failure, it will take like 2 months to fix or something like that.

11. monter

monter Guest

Thats true many black holes appear in are atomsphere and do collapse.
    Also the only black hole that will appear that we know of is when the sun will die causing it self to turn into black hole to kill us. And that wont happen in 10000000,0000,0000 years [​IMG]

12. 1Blacks1

On Topic -

Well Did you know that the Mayan Long Count Calendar Ends at December 20, 2012 Which is the date that i said before that the world was going to EXP That 3day Stand still.

Heres a Site that Showing the Mayan Long Calender in Pictorial form.

http://www.pagetworld.co.uk/mayandesc.php

Off Topic -

I got a question

When the sun dies why will it turn into a Blackhole ?

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It might, if I remember correctly that depends how it dies.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I don't think our's is big enough to cause a black hole...

15. branraf

branraf Well-Known Member

No, our sun is too small to go super nova and cause a black hole, it will expand and then over time shrink to a very small star. In fact scientists say that our sun is one of the smallest in the galaxy. It will expand to 4 times the size i believe and then have a reaction that will make it inevitably shrink to the size of a small star, thus the end of the world. But the sun is always expanding, scientists claim that soon it will get large enough to melt the surface of the earth because it will get so big, unless the gravitational force of the earth is strong enough to repel the gravitational pull of the sun and keep it at what is known as the "green zone". Too close is the red zone, which include mercury and Venus, which are well too hot to support human life, and too far is the "blue zone" which includes Mars and the other planets which are too far away and too cold to support human life. The green zone is moving away from the sun, and hopefully we move with the green zone, otherwise we will be in the red zone.

16. calvin_0

well its not our business to worry about the sun becoming a red giant since we are long gone (dead) when that happen.

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yes, your right Calvin but the technology needed to defend the Earth and perhaps a new star will take many generations/centuries to design and make, we can't just leave it to one remaining generation...

18. calvin_0

our sun still have pretty long life, we will have the tech to dealt with that by the time it happen (either to run away or to refuel the sun). so no need to worry.

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

You're right Calvin... We'll be ready by then....

I wonder what will happen when the Hadron Collider has reached it's goal...

20. 1Blacks1

So, Could you like Fill me in ? Whats this ?

What is its goal ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.