1. This forum is in read-only mode.

End of the world

Discussion in 'General News' started by monter, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Point in question: WHY DO ALL TOPICS HAVE TO END WITH DEBATE ON RELIGION/ EVOLUTION ? (and countries, too)
    I mean, seriously, I'm getting fucking tired of this. We already have two threads on it (even then it's one too many). At least try to stay on topic here folks >.> . (And cjdogger , there was no need for that comment, joke or not, thank you very much)

On topic:
    Well, it's probably false that the LHC will end the world as we know it or something along those lines. But how, in fact do we measure the success of the LHC itself? Is it going to change the future of the human race? I've read what Stephen Hawking has had to say about it, and well, call me a small-thinker, but that is some massive shit that he is talking about. Oh well, hope it's for the best :) .

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

As I said previously, the success of the first experiment is mainly defined by whether or not they find proof of the Higgs Boson. If they do then a lot of theorys are proved correct, if the Higgs boson does not exist then a lot of scientists have to go back to the drawing board.

3. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I personally hope a small black hole starts and collapses so that the idiots out there realize that one won't end the world, it'll be too small! :p

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You say this implying that religion holds a higher priority over laws.
    At least here in the states, laws>religion.

If religion were abolished then we would just have laws, which are much, much harder to abolish.

5. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I was anxious waiting for this response. So, okay.

You did say that the US was spreading heresy about the LHC in jealousy, and now you're saying that only "some" do. Well, this is interesting. If you can find me ONE modern and civilized country where there's not multiple people worried about the effects of the LHC and prove it, I've got a slice of banana bread with your name on it. As for blaming supercomputers for not targeting cancer research is another uninformed fact, apparently. Have you forgotten IBM's (a New York-based computer company) supercomputer donated to Canadian cancer research? How about folding, a project run by an American University, and contributed to strongly by US citizens to combat cancer? And last I checked, the UK had a nuclear research program too, don't call the kettle black.

I hate having to stand up for the US, I'm quite far from patriotic, but damn do I hate hypocrisy.

6. insanecrazy07

I was using Folding on my PS3 but paying extra money just to keep my PS3 running wasn't an appealing idea...

7. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Now now, he's not saying you don't research into cancer enough but he's saying that the super computer could be used for better things, that's all, Ok? And the nuclear research program is for power since we are running out of fossil fuels fast and that CO2 is getting worse...

8. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

LOL !!

Well i Kind Of Found "Religion" Prophersys Saying about this date "Dec 12 2012" End Of The Age.

http://www.december212012.com/articles/bible/1.shtml

Apperently The Sun Will Flair up and Burn So hard that it will Extremely Likely Burn the Ice of Jupiter's moons.
    And it Explains what will happen on these date and onwards. And Apperently there is a Youtube Vid explaining Things which i cannot be botherd to go watch.

Dec 12 2012
    "This date figures prominently in the religious syncretism of New Age Mayanism." Wiki

9. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

there are millions of Prophersys about the end of the world and they have never happend!. one will be correct but its only a matter of chance. if lots of people said on different dates you will bump your head on of those dates it will happen. this applys to most Prophersys about anything

10. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Please let loony reply to me; I feel like having an intelligent debate. Your input means absolutely nothing to me.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Basically what CJ was saying. I never said it was the whole US, just US Scientists, implying a group of said sub-population. You are correct that NOW most every other country is worrying about it, but the US was the first to actually have scientists publically air their 'fears'.

Again, with the supercomputer argument, I was referring to ONE specific supercomputer that was unveiled fairly recently, and billed as the worlds most powerful supercomputer, and is being used to develop nuclear weapons. The UK does indeed have a nuclear research program, but it is not nearly as high priority for us as the US one is to the US, more specifically the redneck US government and trigger-happy US military.

12. brentonalla1

brentonalla1 Member

Are we dead yet?

they arent trying to make a black hole they are trying to make dark matter -_- read the full article

Its NOT UK or US its FRENCH

13. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Oh my God it's been a while since I've facepalmed so hard.

1) No kidding, of course they're not trying to make blackholes. However, it is a plausible side-effect of the experiments that will be conducted with the LHC.
    2) It's not UK, it's not US, and it's not French. It's a EU project (CERN, actually), and it's underneath the Switzerland/France border.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Located in Geneva.

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

That article was after there was information released about this project, stupid attention seekers them "Prophersys"...

16. insanecrazy07

LMFAO.
    so true.

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

Just figured I'd throw that out there for future reference.

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Translation= I thought i'd give out a warning first before getting a chance to give official warnings! Muhahaha!

Back on topic-
    We won't know the true outcome until hours before the collision, if we don't find out by then, it's likely we won't (I'm being ambiguous by the way)

19. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

Well does everyone rember "Planet X" ? That Planet that Scienticest Found Flying around Space.

Well i remember reading somewere a few days ago (I think it was a few days ago) about that it is the planet that is going to Clash with ours.

Apparently they named it "Nibiru" and also Apparently it is the Birth Home of The "Devil"

Well apparently (Lol, I dont have very good Veriations) the planet will be seen sometime in "May 2010" (Not 100% sure that this was the year but im sure its in may) by the naked Eye every night by every person as a "Red-Ish" Moon / Planet.

Also i remember reading that in 2012 when the Solor Flair happends that on that same day the Earth will not move for 3 straight days meaning If its night time then, It will stay night time for 3days.

Right now i have no Evidance since i dont rember were i read it but someone is bound to have read it aswell. Hopfully

Fingers Crossed that it doesnt

20. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

No evidence= No fact
    No fact + Religious Influence = Crap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.