1. This forum is in read-only mode.

End of the world

Discussion in 'General News' started by monter, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i hope the experiment works because if the experiment works, then we can get more idea on how the universe started.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I'm certain it's related to the blackhole experiment.

Have you seen google's search page today? The main logo is designed with the machine they'll be using for the experiment, kewl. :)

[​IMG]

3. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

wanzers seem more... realistic? gundam's are just plain psycho

4. calvin_0

lol google ^_^

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

http://news.google.pt/news?q=Large+Hadron+Collider&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=pt&sa=X&oi=news_group&resnum=1&ct=title

There are many articles related to this matter, after all, Google's fancy icon has a function. :p

6. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

XD I told my "girl" friend about this and typoed large hardon collider

7. monter

monter Guest

Guess what ?

WE LIVE !

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well at least the tube part was right.

9. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Most people got it wrong, the Hadron collision won't happen until a couple of weeks later...

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Methinks the whole black hole thing is how Loony described it in post #2.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If they simulate this "big bang," then we can delete all of the Creationist vs. Evolutionist debate related topics.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

not quite, although it is true that a lot hangs on whether they find the Higgs boson or not.

13. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yeah, I hope religion is abolished, or at least Islam... That'll be a big P off to the Al Kaeda ;D

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's just religious intolerance right there.

Not all Islamic people are Al Qeada you know.

The Al Qeada is just one group of Muslim extremist & just because they are Islmaic people it doesn't mean every muslim is Al Qeada.

It's like saying every Japanese is linked to the Yakuza, or every Chinese is linked to the Triad, heck why not say every Italian is linked to the Mafia why don't you?.

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

If you read my post properly you'll see that I didn't say all muslims are Al Kaeda but that it would P them off,
    I personally hope all religions are abolished and that's going to stop alot of wars...

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Not necessarily, if people did abolish Religion things like morality will also be abolished, so Racial hate might spark wars.

Also, since killing is no longer a sin, we can now just kill anyone we want, sparking another war.

Yeah Religions suck & are restrictive, but it's those restrictions that are keeping us in check.

You can never be just one sided every time, too religious, you loose progress, remember the dark ages, to logic centered & you lose your individuality, take the Star Trek Vulcans, yeah they're intellectuals, but because they lack emotion they are as stale as day old bread.

17. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I think it was an incredibly hypocritical and nationalistically biased thing to say. I've not heard one person in the US bring up being destroyed by a blackhole. The only person I know who raves about it in IRC is from the UK. You say the US is jealous of Europe because we don't have a particle accelerator, I say you're jealousy is only because the US has NASA and you have inferior space exploration. See how silly it is? That's all I have to say. I hate when people blindly insult the US (it's the cool thing to do) because of our "ignorance" but drown in bliss at how hypocritical their perception of the US is. Really, who are the ignorant ones? Piss off, is all.

Make me your God, peons.

18. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

most racial hate comes from religion and more morality has been bestowed on people by social acceptance then religion if we still followed any of those stupid books we'd still be murdering people because of different views ways of life. OK I'm going out to do gods work lets go kill some gays that will bee fun don't you think.

and he is right if religion was abolished you would not of gotten all defensive and started an argument.
    now shut up about religion for fudge sake I'm getting really pissed off with it destroying every thread and intelligent conversation.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I never said the US doesn't have a particle accelerator, I just said they don't have one as big as the LHC. Also it is a FACT that US scientists were saying it would destroy the world. Not all US scientists, but some of them. Which is somewhat ironic given the US' fixation with developing nuclear weapons. Fixation to the extent that you have the worlds most powerful supercomputer and its' sole use is developing more powerful nuclear weapons. That thing could knock hundreds or even thousands of years off cancer research, for example, or even unraveling the human genome, but no, it has to be used to develop weapons of war.

Also why would we be jealous of NASA? the ESA has a WAY better safety record, and the UK shut down our space program to fund yours. Billions of dollars a year and you still keep blowing things up. Need Another Seven Astronaughts again?

20. calvin_0

i guess you have forget about the law......ya, killing is no longer a sin, but guess what, you will still get aressted by killing.

and moral value have nothing to do with religion, but most religion doesnt teach good moral value, and that doesnt mean a religionless people have zero moral value. Moral Value is teached by family member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.