1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Emulators

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Seph, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Can someone teach me how to use Sega Saturn Emulators???
    I have a hard time using it.. which is.. HOW TO RUN THE GAME??

sorry for the capital letters though ;D

2. Nerv

Nerv Member

ok, here is my question. everyone keeps telling me that i need to use epsxe instead of psx. and aside from the fact that i dont care about anything to do with capabilities in debug, and that for an unknown reason i cant run the epsxe on my pc(currently tryed with an old version, gonna try with a new version), other than that, why does everyone say that ePSXe is better than pSX?

or in otherwords, what are the pluses of ePSXe over pSX

EDIT* a comparison chart would be nice, but if no one wants to explain it to me, then a nice link to somewhere that says this would be good too....hehe.....

EDIT*2 and are the memcard files from psx compatible with epsxe or am i screwed or can they be converted?

3. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

ePSXe is the most popular because it just works great. It has great plug-ins and compatibility is fantastic ( I think every game works, bar a few that need some sort of file to get them to work). The first time I tried PS1 emulation, I was directed to ePSXe and have never had a problem so I cannot compare it to pSX because I never tried that one. ePSXe did everything I needed from it. Basically, it is the most popular for a reason so I suggest just stick to it :)

Also, I think there is a way to convert save files but I honestly can't remember how. Since I got my PSP I have been playing PS1 games on there and not on an emulator.

4. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

What's the best NES/SNES emulator? For PC?
    & what's latest version of VisualBoyAdvance? On emulator-zone it says 1.8.0 beta 3... But that's from 2005, is there an updated version somewhere?

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That would be the latest official version of VBA; there's sure to be unofficial projects built on-top of that. NES emulator would be Nestopia, SNES; Snes9x or ZSNES.

6. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Are the unofficial ones any better?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I personally have never used them. But VBA is nearly perfect as is (and you can tweak it with certain settings). I can't see any reason for unofficial builds to exist, unlike some other emulators that people have expanded upon (like the GBA emulator for PSP and the Gamecube/Wii emulator Dolphin).

8. Are there any really worthwhile PSP emulators as of now? I haven't really kept up with PSP emulation, so the last I heard was that PSP emulators could only run demos and a select few games.

9. adiey

adiey New Member

hi ..i have have a emulator for the neo geo for the ds to put a game on it it needs to be bin files to work.. i have use the romulation site but there are just roms only ..plzzzz help .........thanks

10. anandjones

Roms only? Not in the right format? I believe that emulator comes with a converter of some sort.

11. lusien

lusien Member

Hey was wondering if there are any Dreamcast emulators worth getting... I've tried a few but i don't seem to get them working properly. Lots of games I'd love to play on that system again. I have the system but yea its not changed in anyway so i doubt they'll play burnt games.

12. TirithRR

Dreamcast actually can play burnt games without modding. There are a few threads about it on these forums. Depending on the way the disc image was made. Something about a "Self booting" image (I believe the file type is CDI for them), works fine. Otherwise you need a boot disc.

13. Zoidberg56

Zoidberg56 Active Member

I saw the name of this thread and thought it may be best to post this here. I downloaded the Project64 emulator and also downloaded Banjo Kazooie but when I attempt to load up the rom I get the following error message:

"Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 802800EC teq r0 a0 Stopping Emulation!"

Any help, very much confused as I'm only now starting to use emulators on my computer and so don't know what this means. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

14. anandjones

Try right-clicking, choose "Edit Game Settings..." and set the core style to "Interpreter".

15. Zoidberg56

Zoidberg56 Active Member

I can't find the edit game settings option. Where am I supposed to be right clicking. It goes to a black screen when i load the rom and when I click on the black screen no options appear. When I click on the rom file it does not come up with this option either. Thanks.

Edit: When I have imported them into the "list" before double clicking it comes up with the following message under "Good Name". "Bad ROM? Use GoodN64 and check for update"

Should I try downloading a different ROM and see if that works?

Edit 2: Just downloaded F ZERO X and it worked ok until i started racing and it came up with an "Access Violation. While processing graphics data an exception occurred you may need to restart the emulator". Guessing this is to do with my graphics card not being powerful enough. Any way to lower the settings?

16. ryomakid

ryomakid New Member

If anyone is using no$gba (which is what I'm using)
    you guys need to change to nds backup media file or whatsoever
    to the corresponding one....

e.g. for megaman battle network double team. you need a

flash 256kb instead of eeprom 8kb, 64kb

otherwise u might not be able to save the game
    with a message "save failed"

note - when you change the backup media file (remember to save setup)
    then only you 'reset' it

17. TirithRR

Or you can use 2.6a and use the "Auto" setting which works for almost every game that works on no$gba

18. chip3165

chip3165 New Member

Does anyone know why my game keeps freezing on No$GBa?

EDIT: It's Ok i found out:)

19. red_johnny

red_johnny Well-Known Member

i need help
    on my laptop the games/emulators that i download dont work on the emulators i think its because they dont need extrating

20. beauharrison

beauharrison New Member

is there an emulator that will let you play n64 games on your wii?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.