1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Eb games-FAIL (Based off australian eb's-can any can do...)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Oct 25, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I suppose, I did consider it.

But I kinda wanted a discussion rather than a rant-I don't fully hate eb-I just dislike how they operate.

Maybe if any eb employees are about they would consider the thoughts...it's bound to happen XD

2. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

These are some really interesting Storys,guys. But I can`t say nothing bad about the EB Games in my Town. yes, the Pre-owned stuff isn`t cheap at all, ("Golden Sun" = 25 Euro and Jokes like that) but the sellers got their know how about Games and even the technical knowledge as expected.

3. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

thats why shp at game traders LOL

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Technically they don't have to-I wanted to apply long time ago and read "you don't need game knoledge-all required info is in our systems" so the most they would know if from their own experience...

And let me say-most of these guys are casuals :(

I only go if they have rare second hand games-their prices are just as bad-or worse!

Sure I understand super metroid snes is rare-but no box/manual and the game CAN'T SAVE doesn't mean you can refund me and put it back on the dam shelf!

5. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I live in Australia, and know the sales prices are always a tad higher when it comes to EBgames. But you do realise that it is because of EBgames that we have annual cosplay events here in Australia, you do know because of EBgames, other gaming stores have to make prices cheaper to rival EBgames.

Also, during their huge mid-year sale, there is absoloutly no off-line store that will sell games cheaper then EB. We complain so much about the little things, but it's because of EBgames that Australia even has that little name in the gaming world.

There are many countries that don't have any gaming stores, or even worse prices. Just today I price matched Forza Motorsport 3 at EB and got it $12 cheaper. Also, if you were smart you could just go on their site and print out a %15 off voucher that you could just keep making with new email accounts. The guys at EB encourage this!

I'd like to see Australia without EBgames. We'd have to pray that a store like Target or Big W have a game hidden at the backstore...Not to mention 50 year old woman work there where they still don't even know TV's use remote control's.

6. chaunceez

well i so super mario sunshine for 40 bux i only had and my mum only has 20 for dinner
    went back the next day and its gone....

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I got that from eb for 20.

And in cash converters you can get it for $9 depending on which you go to.

Look around-ebay is even cheaper if you know what your doing.

8. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

MDS, I HATE THE WAY YOU WRITE!
    When you use a hyphen - like this - you have to type [space][hyphen][space]
    It's not Oh-by the way-you know-that guy?
    It's Oh - by the way - you know - that guy?
    Geez
    And stop ragging on EB.
    They're awesome, 'nuff said.
    You just don't know how to shop.
    I got Twilight Princess + SSBB for $104 from there, so yeah.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Hahaha, like your post was made more correctly than mds'. Seriously though, it's a lot better he does that than paragraphs, there's a few posts of him doing it (I suggested to him) and it is a lot better the way he does it now.

Yes, of course he doesn't know how to shop, even though he knows the store and the in and outs and took advantage to the 7 day money back thing almost everytime.

Prices don't necessarily make the store, employees do. The only EB I've been to, given in my story, the employees are brain dead and the manager somehow thinks that opening the boxes after the store closes and leaving them beside the till (causes a lot of clutter, in an already cluttered store) makes sense. When I get a shipment for my restaurant, I don't wait until store closes to unpack that stuff, I go in the back room and open the box, then organize where the stuff should be. That's how most stores should function, it's a lot more convenient for the customers and that type of thing won't have to be postponed to the next day for the workers.

I've only been there once, so I'm basing it off my only experience. Best Buy, Future Shop and even Walmart are better stores to buy games, to me. Best Buy and Future Shop also accept used games and sellls them now.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Not what I wanted to see first thing in the morning...

Ok-I do know how to shop.

Example-I got pokemon battle revolution for $30 AUD-jb hifi screw up XD
    Metoird prime-$50 brand new when eb was still charging $99 for it.
    No more heros for $40-big w.

I KNOW HOW TO SHOP FFS!

As for ssb and twilight princes-we never had such an good deal here-but they reduced the price of ssb down to $49.95 in other stores-eb are still charging $80 last check.

Twlight prices-$69.95-All the shops know about the exploit so they over charge.

I dislike eb in general-not the all the staff except the few noobs who have no clue what sytem "metroid" is normally on.

Don't say what you don't know-I KNOW how...games that Is, I suck with everything else.

I have to agree with everything else you said-about the other shops nat.

11. chaunceez

well it was brand new the super mario sunshine

12. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

Nothing that comes to mind....

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wut?

When you visit them daily and different stores you may notice more...

In the city there is 3 stores-eachj one different.

The one where I'm at at least try to know their gaming knoledge :)

(Most cheapest games are at ethier dungeon crawl, or jb hifi-even with my stafff dicount big w is not the best-though luck gave me no more heros :) )

14. sexywogboy

They seem more like accidents then actually knowing how to shop.

Did you read this:

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Re: Eb games-FAIL (Based off australian eb\'s-can any can do...)

Hrm...prehaps mostly accidents or just sheer bargin basement luck.

Jb has given me a few cheap games over the years...

Hrm-I have to say-I see your point-they are somewhat useful.

I guess I'll continue game ripping and shopping at dungeon crawl ligitimatly then.

But still...one can complain about certain circumstances...but do tell me-how do you know how to shop when your restricted to local stores?
    (I'm the guy checking out bargin bins-the prices of games are preety competitive-and some places are too simerlar to eb games...I go around from the outer suburbs to the city-then to the other end of melbourne-only to see more closely matched prices)

I could shop online-but I dislike australia post..but that is for a future rant in the making...
    Post Merge: [time]1256822966[/time]
    Sorry raysie-I must have missed your post somewhere...

Not all of eb games are bad...just a few issues here and there-but I will admit I never thought of the long term effects before...

But the co-play things...I thought that was mad-man entertainment?

With eb as a sponser.

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

events generally don't happen without sponsors.

17. sexywogboy

If anyone thinks EBgames are expensive now...You should have shopped there a decade ago. There were no competitive gaming stores that could compete with EBgames, so their prices used to be so high it wasn't funny. Things have changed these days where it isn't that bad to buy games anymore.

Tell me where I said I was restricted to local stores? Bargain bins only contain old games...none of the new games that are actually worth a bargain.

You actually go out of suburb and into the city to find cheaper prices? Just to find more closely matched prices? It seems like your spending more to go to these places then actually saving money.