1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DVD writing speed help

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by manny2260, Jul 21, 2008.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

stop worrying about buning speeds as long as you have good quality discs it will be fine, its only cheap discs that you need to worry about burn speeds.

2. manny2260

manny2260 Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of Sony DVD-Rs? I found out a local store is having a sale, 200 for the price about 50 sell for.

3. equitypetey

I've never used Sony discs but seeing as the PS2 is a Sony product i guess it would work will. but have a look to see if they are normally high end quality discs or low end as there will be several different levels of disc by the same manufacturer

4. manny2260

How would i be able to differentiate the levels of quality?

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Sony discs I believe are good, I have never used them myself, however.

6. manny2260

How would I be able to find out if they are good for my use? If they are that would be great 200 DVDs for 50 USDs is one hell of a deal.

7. equitypetey

as long as its -R just go for it, you don't know untill you try

8. manny2260

I want to find out about the sony's first because I can get about 100 verbatim for 50 USDs. Quality over quantity as the saying goes.

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you arent sure get the verbatims, I can personally vouch for both them and TDKs.

10. manny2260

Yea, ill just just go with the verbatims. I'd rather get a brand i'm sure will satisfy my needs over one which may not satisfy those same needs.

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Verbatims and Sony brands are great. TDK is average. Don't trust the discs that cover other brand discs with their own label, such as when you hold it in the light, you can see that there is another brand label under it.

12. manny2260

Thanks for the input Anandjones, If I find others saying that Sony's are of good quality I'll go with them because as I said earlier, Its one hell of a deal.

13. manny2260

I ended up buying some Verbatim DVD-R's and they didnt work well, so I tried +R and they worked very well.

How long would my laser last before it "burns" out? Thanks for future replies

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

14. anandjones

On your PS2? Mine hasn't burned out yet, and I've played hundreds of copied games continuously, so all I can say is a long time.

15. manny2260

but on+R's?

16. anandjones

Let's check.. Ah, most my games are burnt on DVD-Rs, some are on DVD+Rs, so there shouldn't be much difference, long time should be the case.

17. manny2260

OK thanks alot ;)

18. equitypetey

well thats very surprising seeing as every time a game has been on a +r i've only ever heard ps2s make horrible noises and the game lags and that been on every ps2 i've seen not just mine.
    but maybe you have a odd ps2 ;)

19. anandjones

My PS2 has no problems loading -Rs or +Rs, so I probably do have an odd or special one.

20. equitypetey

maybe mine and the others are just old ps2 cause mine hates +r