1. This forum is in read-only mode.

.duc .sav Conversion Help PLZ!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by sesshomaru13, Apr 10, 2010.

1. sesshomaru13

sesshomaru13 Member

Ok I've spent hours searching the internet and I'm just about Google'ed out, and to the best of my knowledge no one else has asked about this so here goes:

I recently decided to replay my Pokemon Platinum and this is what I'm trying to do, I want to use my Action Replay DSi to create a backup of my save file, dump it onto my laptop and load the save file into Pokesav, then load the save file back onto my Action Replay DSi and load it on my game.

The problem is that the ARDSi saves the backup file in .duc format and Pokesav needs it to be in 512kb or 256kb .sav format.

The obvious thought was to find some kind of file converter but none of them seems to be able to do the job right. I've tried numerous different method's, online converters, offline converters, renaming the files even downloading emulators that could supposedly read the .duc format and then export the file to another emulator that would save it in the .sav format. The closest I came to sucess was with the shunyweb converter, it would convert the file and pokesave could read it, but no matter what I did the file would lose important data and when I converted it back to .duc format my ARDSi would say that the file was the wrong size and not load it. I've even tried converting the .duc file to a DeSmuMe sav file and a No%GBA sav file and open it with a rom, but every time I tried that the rom would act like I had deleted the save data and start the file over.

I'm no computer hacker here, but I'm not dumb either. I've put a lot of effort into trying to find the answer and now I'm asking for some help. All I want to know is is it possible to convert the .duc file from my ARDSi into a .sav file that can be read by Pokesav, DeSmuMe or No$GBA and then convert it back into a .duc file that can be read by my ARDSi, and if so how do I do it?

2. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

You just need to convert your save file type from .duc to .sav

I'll tell you how to do that:

Go here: http://shunyweb.info/convert.php and select
    convert a save (next to index)

Then you see an Source format: and a Target format:

Your Source Format should be: Action Replay Max DS (.duc / .dss)
    Your Target Format should be :Acekard 2/ CycloDS/EDGE/M3 Simply/ NinjaDS/R4/Supercard CF/ Supercard One/ Supercard SD/ Top Toy DS (.sav)

When you're done reverse the converting ( your target format from earlier becomes the source format
    and the Source format becomes the Target format)

3. sesshomaru13

sesshomaru13 Member

I tried this method before, but with a different target format, and after trying it again I still run into the same problem.

When I load the file into Pokesav it seems to have lost or changed some of the data. It doesn't show my trainer or rival's name and shows that my pc and party are full of pokemon, which they aren't in my game, but when I select any pokemon and try to edit it it doesn't show what the pokemon is, what item they are holding, what their moves are, what their nickname is or who the trainer is. There are also a lot of other things that have disappeared and/or changed but it would take me forever to list them all.

Also when I convert the .sav back into .duc and put it back on my Action Replay DSi and try to load it on my game, (btw I am using an original game, not a flash cart or any other kind of device), it says that the save is not compatible with the currently inserted game and that it is the wrong size (the original .duc fie was 512kb while the new .duc file, after conversion, is 257kb).

4. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

i'm not exactly sure how pokesav works( i know that the chats are XML same as AR) or how it actually connects to the real games, but I know that with the emulator no$gba you can grab a xml file and right click it and open it up as a note pad and then copy the code and past it on the Emulators Cheats and have your cheat XML XML files activate.

I know because I used to use the XML files a while back from original AR program on some of my older games and opened them up! but then I learned that it could be pasted onto the emulator then converting that sav to a playable Flashcart

sadly I don't know how to help you in the duc part ,but you can use that method for XML files, and not sure if that helps or not.

5. sesshomaru13

sesshomaru13 Member

Basically Pokesav lets you "edit" pokemon, you pick a slot in your party or on your pc and start "editing" the pokemon. Its not really editing though because the pokemon you create with pokesav overwrites what ever was in the slot you picked. You can export your work on pokesav as an action replay code (the xml file) but there is a limit to how much you can put in each code and how many you can activate at a time before you risk causing problems. However as long as the save file is in the proper format Pokesav can open the save file itself, then you can add or edit pokemon and items and instead of exporting them to the action replay just save the changes and take the save file back to your emulator or game card/flash cart.

A great aid in the procss is DeSmuMe. It has this nifty function that allows it to export its game save in different formats, one being the format for Pokesav another No$GBA, also DeSmuMe can import these and other save file types.

So I really don't need to convert the .duc file to the pokesav file format, just to a file format either DeSmuMe or No$GBA can read and then I can use DeSmuMe to take it into Pokesav and bring it back so I can convert it back to the .duc format and put it back on my game card.
    Post Merge: [time]1271039790[/time]
    I've kept looking around the inernet and I still can't find an answer.

Does anyone know how to convert the .duc file from my ARDSi into a .sav file the can be read by Pokesav, No$GBA or DeSmuMe?, and how to convert it back into a .duc file that the ARDSi can read?