1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dual boot TinyXP.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

I think you should stick with 1TB HD apparently there's a few problems with 1.5TB HD's

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I am using Xp sp3 at the moment, I have the win 7 RTM build 7260 but i casues some slite problems, so i will stick with my winXP for now!
    Post Merge: [time]1258236803[/time]
    What problem would that be?, Mabe a 1TB internal drive then?

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Only Seagate ones, and its apparently fixed now. It affected all drives manufactured with a particular firmware, not just the 1.5TBs.

4. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Oh, that's okay then. I'm not a computer whizz yet, but I am trying.
    [me=Snebbers]sucks in all the information in thread[/me]

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on the drive problem mates! , im off for a drink for the night chears, back tommoro!

6. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I am about to dual boot Tiny XP. Wish me luck? I'm prepared for almost all circumstances, like if I screw up the MBRs and crap. Partition wizard, Gparted, and EasyBCD can fix that. I have two copies of TinyXp, just in case. My computer is about to become a triple boot. Ubuntu, Windows Vista (later it will be windows 7, if those damn HP people can ship it to me by the end of next week.) and TinyXP Rev09. I didn't choose the Christmas edition because I heard it sucks. After this, I will only have 165GB outta my 265GB HDD. I don't use an external. If I quad boot, will that affect anything? And what about my Trojan? I scanned the .iso, it was fine, but my anti virus picked up a trojan as soon as I burnt my disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.