1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTT (TOPTOY DS)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by th3echelon89, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

I am happy with my DSTT too. Someone told me about it at work. I was a bit sceptical at first and didn't think it would work.

I got mine for £34.98 with a 2GB micro SD including delivery, so I am happy with that. Considering how much each individual game costs.

Plus, I like to take my DS on holiday with me, so it means I don't have to take loads of different cartridges with me. ;D

2. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

still not being able to play trimmed/patched roms are where the problem lies in my opinion

besides i heard edge is the best one out right now since cycloDS isn't really abundant where I'm from

3. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

Cmon man, Patched Roms are like rarely used. In fact, 2/10 people whine about DSTT, they say that it freezes the system BLAH BLAH BLAH.. so far, my dstt is in good shape.

4. sla03rs

XD only one game needs to be patched and that's JUMP! ULTIMATE STARS the best fighting game for the DS and trimming is a great way of saving space for more games :| I'm not really fond of putting in and deleting games

5. th3echelon89

What do you mean trimming? I don't know that, could you please tell me 'bout that?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Some ROMs have unneeded redundant data, so you can trim them off, and games will still work fine. Some games can't be trimmed though, as you can't customize how much MB you want to trim.

7. th3echelon89

Really? how do I do that? Because there's only one file and that's the .nds file.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need a rom trimmer program.

9. sla03rs

there's xtrim here on romulation but i believe that you have to ask for it through email since its no longer hosted
    there's also the r4trimmer just look for it in google

don't you notice that all roms have the same sizes and nothing more or less 8mb 16mb 32mb 64mb 128mb because that's how big the cart capacity is and when the game gets dumped the full size of the cart comes with it as well an example of good trimming is for nanostray 2 which comes at 32mb, when i trimmed it it went down to 19mb, but there are also games that are almost pointless to trim like jump 64mb-63mb XD but hey 1mb's 2 save files

10. th3echelon89

Ok bros! thank you for that lovely information! THANK YOU!

11. akira411

akira411 Member

does DSTT support wifi? and what mem cards do you use?

12. anandjones

Yes it does support wifi with most games, and what do you mean mem cards? It uses MicroSD for storage, Kingston and Sandisk are the best brands.

13. th3echelon89

well said anandjones! :D

14. Abbafan1972

I love my DSTT and it's so convenient, aside from saving all that money on games. You don't have to carry lots of cartridges round with you.

My memory card is a MicroSD 2GB, made by Sandisk.

15. th3echelon89

Yeah that's actually right man, cartridges are hassle.

16. thecreameggking

thecreameggking Active Member

You can hardly tell people not to criticize something, they are entitled to thier own opinion aren't they? Who died and made you boss ?

I've been wanting to get one of these carts but I'm not too sure which one I should go with, don't suggest DSTT to me just because you have one, I want to go with the one that works best, cost isn't really an issue, so which of the ones available would be the best option?

17. Abbafan1972

I only know about the DSTT, perhaps someone could post a comparison on what's available.

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cycloDS evolution from what I've seen on these boards.

19. th3echelon89

yeah cyclods.. is the best because R4 is not available anymore.

20. anandjones

Go to www.gbatemp.net then reviews, they've got complete reviews on nearly every flashcart out there, so that could help you make your decision.