1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTT Firmware

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by oberlisc, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oberlisc

oberlisc Member

Hi, I have read that the company that makes the DSTT has released in their latest Firmware a TT killer that kills the Microsd card aswell as the TT card if it is fake, has anybody else read this or do you know of a way around it just incase you have unknownly bought a fake.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't know of any fake DSTTs. The R4 team were going to do this to fake R4s though. There will not be a way around it because the people who produce the fakes would exploit it.

3. oberlisc

oberlisc Member

I read it on dealextreme, it's something to do with the company changing the packaging from a box to a blister pack, at the end of the day fake or not if it works it works, I just dont want to update Firmware and it kill the TT (TopToy).

4. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

I have a fake DSTT. I am having problems with booting the card every now and then (which might also be related to the microsd read/write part). This is with the V1.15 firmware.

I haven't tested V1.16 yet. I'll let you know when it's downloaded.

Edit: There are no differences in size between V1.15 and V1.16. Neither are there in the TTMENU.DAT file.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Fake DSTTs do exist. The real company is going to do this.

6. ReDsKiN777

ReDsKiN777 New Member

I have the sad announcement that i have upgraded the firmware of my fake DSTT card from 1.15 to 1.16 and have been experiencing major problems, such as the card not booting properly. I spent good money on this card and now because they attack people instead of the manufacturers i will have to buy another Slot-1 Device, with SDHC support.

Please do not make this mistake, as if you have a fake card the chances are that your card will be destroyed, with the off-chance that it will boot properly. (This problem started same day that i upgraded)

7. oberlisc

oberlisc Member

Sorry to hear this mate have you tried formatting the Microsd card and putting an earlier firmware which you can get from here -

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The firmware update naturally attacks the MicroSD as well, destroying it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.