1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi goes 3D

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by irishlad09, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't find it impressive because I've seen it done hundreds of times before, long before the DS was even imagined.

2. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

In videogames?

And besides, it's easy to say something than actually proving it. By your statement, I can say all day that I saw Kim Kardashian naked countless times in person while Beyonce and Jessica Alba oil her up, and people cannot dispute it no matter how farfetched it is.

3. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

link or it didnt happen. But even if you are correct... i dont think it is an "old fad" ,because making a game use the camera like that is fairly new. In any case,it never happened on a portable console from Nintendo.And what i only care about is my DSi, nothing else.

I would hate to see you criticizing this just because you wouldn't be able to get this app... i've heard too many people complain about the DSi because it is "unfair" for their DSL to be an older model.It is childish and retarded.

Cheers

4. pointless but still nice to look at.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I dont have any current handheld (my last was a GBA SP) and have no interest in getting one. I'm criticising it because its nothing new.

6. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

The DSi is pointless It has more processing power and such and the only thing it's been used for is shitty DSi only camera games, and adding useless "DSi enhancements" to ds games. It's been out for like a year and the only dsi only games that are out, are two crappy camera games, not counting the dumb dsiware games

7. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I guess you're a DS Lite users who doesn't own a DSi yet? XD

8. sylar1000

Nope, phat ds user who has no reason to get a dsi

like i said, it's pointless

9. teheezin

teheezin Guest

no wonder you're Forum ranking is currently Retro gamer ._. get a DSi, it's way cooler than a DS Phat., no offence on DS Lite I had both and still I only use my DSi =) it's more than a gaming device..

10. sylar1000

Nah, like i said, i have no reason to buy one, My Phat DS works just fine. I can do without it's little camera, and browser lol. The DSi is pointless to me.

11. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Fine ! Continue Living in you're own world then dude XD haha just kiding.. hey did you play any wi-fi games? why not we play together sometimes XD

12. sylar1000

That's what i'm currently doing :p

I use my DS for gaming, no real reason for me to "upgrade" to a DSi xD

13. MindFever

Yes,i agree.but the debate is not about DSi stupid marketing and cancelled projects,but about the link to the "3D game that already existed that DSIWARE is copying the idea" debate.

I made a thread about nintendo's stupid moves in gaming industry btw...

14. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

im not going to switch from DS Lite to a DSi either, but that's not the point of this thread. this thread is about a new feature being released to the DSi, and i think its great.

@Loonylion - all i heard from you is "its not impressive" and "ive seen these before". no offense, but sooner or later you'd have to prove your point and give us some sources instead of simply running your mouth because no one will believe you.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Seems the remour of built in motion detection might be correct...

It's not that awesome, cool to look at but nothing worthy of calling this an evolution.

16. MindFever

People... please...dont be so stupid ! PLEASE!

There is no such thing as a motion detector in the DSI! it uses the CAMERA to sense motion arround the DSi ,get it?

for the love of god....im sick of hearing this.this is the 20th time i've read this.Even with the DEMO out,some people were 100% sure it was some hidden motion sensor inside the console.
    Post Merge: [time]1268929311[/time]
    EDIT: ok ,excuse me...i should've said to the poster above ,not stupid but dont be so silly ... pardon me

yes im too lazy to edit the thing for real

17. bobafett1136

bobafett1136 Well-Known Member

Agreed, the "smoothness" between the kinetic movement and the virtual representation is crap. You can move the DSi slightly and the screen would move really fast, but sometimes if you move it fast it doesn't move at all. Plus, the DSi doesn't have any 'special' kinetic technology like an iPhone, it just detects the movement with the camera, which is Ph4IL.

18. teheezin

teheezin Guest

You don't expect it to be like some iTouch apps where you have to really tilt the iTouch 180 degree in order for it to move.. it would be such a pain, and the the DSi uses the Camera to detect movement isn't a so called "Ph4IL!" that's the part which impresses people.. it uses the camera in a smart way..

19. MindFever

Ph4IL <-- LOLz!!

20. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Why was the other topic locked? this is about Dsi? not the
    NEW next generation DS code named 3DS
    this thread is talking about the dsi game that uses cameras to create a 3d effect, but the other thread was about what the next DS2 can do with rumors of motion tracking camera and built in accelerometer with force feedback and rumored 3D effect such as either the movie avatar type 3d or what virtual boy did,but without being glued with glasses or to a screen and more importantly BETTER GRAPHICS.

Launch of New Portable Game Machine
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

Seriously why again was the thread about the NEW DS locked?