1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi Games for my Daughter - Please help

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Rama78, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Rama78

Rama78 New Member

Hello there everyone

I am new around here. Ive got my 4 year old daughter a dsi for Christmas and Im just waiting on an Acekard 2i coming in the post.

Can anyone recommend any good games for her? I should mention she is coming 5 in February

Cheers peeps :)

2. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can start by telling us what games (or types of games) your daughter likes.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

There are virtually thousands of titles to choose from DS and DSi games. We're not sure what your daughter might like/want to play, nor do we know what you as parent would consent/endorse her to play. Even though the Nintendo game line up is more kids friendly compare to that of Sony's or Microsoft's, you'd still need to research them, since even girl's game genre range from kids to adult or at least up to teens. You can find such list from gamefaqs.com, it's not a buyer/parent's guide, more of a review/faq with some in-game images, you'd at least get some degree of info about each title. However to know more of each, you might need to research deeper using a search engine or visiting the game developer's sites. Just to name a few possible titles you might endorse your kid to play;
    1. Cooking Mama series
    2. Disney Fairies and Princess series
    3. Super Princess Peach
    4. Nintendogs and friends series
    5. Tamagochi connection series
    6. Pet Vet
    7. Paws and Claws
    8. Pokemon
    9. Disney series
    10. Gardening Mama
    11. Camping Mama
    12. Animal Crossing

You can acquire the game rom copies, assistance, etc. from here once you have made up your mind on a list of what your daugter and yourself would settle for. That includes should you have trouble running certain games on your Acekard2i.

A word of pre-advice before you run into problem;
    The latest DSi firmware blocks all use of flash cartridge, unless the flash cartridge had been installed with the latest version.
    So make sure you don't update your DSi console before you make sure the Acekard2i is running the latest update provided by the
    Acekard2i official website. Only after your Acekard2i is confirmed to have been installed with the latest firmware, then you may
    update your DSi console. Updating the DSi console isn't necessary unless she's going to play online, if only local connection with
    friends around her, or play alone, updating the DSi isn't mandatory. You still do need to keep updating the Acekard2i for new games
    to run on it properly.