1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DS Games Like Time Hollow and Lux Pain?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by SakuraMartinez, Apr 20, 2011.

1. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

2. Saiyajin Mui

Saiyajin Mui Well-Known Member

I'll admit, It's refreshing to find someone else out there who enjoyed Lux Pain. A lot of people I talk to seem to hate it.

3. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

Well, I grew tired from playing the usual RPG games. Found Time Hollow and Lux Pain and loved it. I had been wondering for a while if there were other games like that apart from the Ace Attorney and Layton ones. XD

4. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Well I'm interested: What's Lux Pain like? The reviews on those game sites seem to kept dissing it

5. Saiyajin Mui

I tend to like games similar to Time Hollow and Lux Pain. They keep me company when I have nothing better to do on my days off.

Before I forget, give the Jake Hunter games on the DS a go. Those were pretty cool too.

Lux Pain plays like a standard visual novel, but in some places you need to 'dig' into the surroundings and into people to uncover their emotions and things like that.

6. frostydrag0n

So does it have an interesting storyline? If it does, I'll try it after I'm sick of pokemon :D

7. Saiyajin Mui

Well to me I found it pretty engaging. I usually disregard what reviewers think until I've played the game myself. It's you as the gamer's opinion that counts, not the reviewer.

8. frostydrag0n

Oh okay that sounds cool. Guess I'll be giving this game a shot! Haven't had a visual novel since 999. Missed quite a bunch too so this thread should keep me busy :D
    Thanks!

9. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Shadow of the Templars