1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dreamland adventures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dedboy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. dedboy

dedboy Guest

MDS is right about alcohol. For me it takes a lot of liquor to put me out(I'm 6" 2', 225 lbs) and I don't get hangovers per se, however I don't want to "crutch" drinking in order to sleep. For that matter pharmaceuticals either, I think I'll try the documentary approach, as that might be enough to help me wind down and go for some serious REM sleep. And MDS is right about the natural sugars apples give off, I found out that a very small bowl of mashed potatoes can help settle your stomach and the warmth can help you release some stress long enough to fall asleep. Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, I will be trying these over the next few nights to see what happens. I will let you know if they are successful.

2. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Like said before, don't drink sugar or caffeine before going to sleep (when drunk however, this is a pre, as it prevent dehydration). Drink tapwater, and some salty food. Less light and less noise also works.

Figure out what's causing you to stress, or to think things over. And find a solution. Stopping to think about those things doesn't work, you need a solution.

I don't see alcohol as a depressant, but more as a catalyst... if you're happy, you become more happy, if you're down, you become more down.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Bit if your normally happy, and you end up relying on it to sleep-be happier-your a statistic in australia aka an alcholic XD

Otherwise your quite right :)