1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Reider

Reider Modereider

You need to master all of them to open the bonus dungeon too if I recall. The ending shows you where the last class is located(it's in a really obscure place you'll never find without a guide of some sort).

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Dragonic Diligence is a late prize for mini medals. Not sure about the Liquid Metal Mind.

3. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Probably getting Liquid Metal equipment (it was in DQ VIII...) or killing lots of those fleeing Liquid Metal Slimes bastards.

4. LuckyTrouble77

Nah, it is probably something special. This game doesn't seem to focus on the meticulous aspect of things as much as other DQ games. Whatever you have to do to get that item though, it is probably very specific and still somewhat time consuming.

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

6. LuckyTrouble77

Well, I went out of my way to get the Shield of Viera or w/e it is kinda early. So early, I had to reference guides for the SNES version that depict quite a few events I haven't been through. The enemies wooped my ass most of the time and showed me how bad my armor and weaponry was compared to where I was at. I managed to only have to flee from one battle, but had to find information of how to proceed past the first part from a different source.

One thing is for sure, they didn't change that puzzle from the SNES to the DS version in the slightest. For that, I'm happy. The hard part was figuring out what the shield was called in the fan translated SNES version so that I could find a guide for it in an SNES FAQ to go to get the shield.

7. Icerock

Icerock Member

Is there any romans in this game like the other old remakes had?

8. jiawei456123

jiawei456123 Member

I downloaded the iluvfaburgers prepatched rom and it worked until i got to Somnia castle in the phantom world, at the point where i need to buy the royal garb then go inside castle as "Prince", i have talked to everyone at least 15 times and yet the guard tells me i have to talk to other ppl until the chancellor comes back.... i think its AP

9. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Did you talk to the girl in the garden?
    I'm playing same version, I'm past the castle now. They threw me out of there :3c

10. LuckyTrouble77

I'm so close to the end of the game now.

I beat a castle into the floor. I beat Terry, got him on my team, and got the Castle back into the Dream World where it belongs. Now I have to make a side trip for the Final Key since you NEVER are forced to go to get it throughout the entire game, and I didn't find a single NPC that even hinted towards its location.

I'm so close, but still have to do so much.

CURSE YOU OLD SCHOOL SNES GAMES AND YOUR INABILITY TO GIVE ADEQUATE DIRECTION TOWARDS THINGS THAT ARE CONSIDERED EXTRA, BUT THAT YOU NEED TO BEAT THE GAME.