1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation (U) | Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by meganova, Feb 13, 2011.

1. droknor

droknor New Member

Doesn't work with patch on R4DS. I wonder if someone could make an AP bypass code?

2. SW4J

SW4J Active Member

Works flawlessly without patch on DSTWO.

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Remember to keep AP talk in the AP topic. This is for discussion of the game and nothing more.

4. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

This game is way too hard (I died almost 3 times on the way to Haggleton, then died and was sent back to the first town on the way to whatever plot point there was next) and I'm not even 10 minutes in the game.

I quit Dragon Quest forever.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Haha....you're funny.

But seriously, each time you die, you're returned to the last large town you saved. Try playing Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, you'll quit even earlier. Its the hardest game ever made.

6. OGTiago

OGTiago Active Member

Yes, pre-patched awesomeness. Hope it works on R4 Wood.

7. LuckyTrouble77

You must really suck at the game. I had no issues getting to Haggleton. I died a couple times at the beginning, but used it as an excuse to level up. This game is by no means easy, that needs to be realized early. This game is one that makes you work for what you want.

I've gotten my second party member and have left for Alltrades Abbey. I'm down in the Phantom Realm again, as there seems to be nowhere else to go right now until I find a way back up into the area containing Alltrades Abbey. The game is freaking fantastic so far, I actually don't mind the grinding I've had to done, and I'm giddy to get back to playing even as I type this post.

I LOVE DRAGON QUEST!

8. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

It's really fun. I'm in the castle right now and I died only once.

On another note, I bought thief key for 300 gp, I wonder if it was possible to lower price even further?

9. LuckyTrouble77

You can get the Thief's Key for 200 gold and no lower. You just get turned away after that and have to redo it all again to get back to that price. I was really poor at the time, so I stumbled across the very low price on accident. :3

I just had a major what the fuck moment. I ended up in a fight with an Urnexpected while back at the Castle from the dream sequence at the beginning of the game and it wiped out my whole damn party. It was beyond too powerful, pretty much unhittable, and you can't run from it. There goes 3k gold down the tubes since there are NO FUCKING SAVE POINTS after that cave.

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Doesn't feel as solid as other DQ games. It is rewarding, however. And is it really that hard? I found it pretty easy.

11. LuckyTrouble77

None of the normal encounters or bosses have been all that difficult, but that urnexpected that popped out when I broke a pot was impossible. I have no idea what such a powerful enemy was doing in there.

12. CometSong

CometSong New Member

This is due to AP options :p You will also find empty towns, noone in shops etc This time Nintendo and SE did very well on anti piracy.
    That's why I'm getting the original game.

13. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Boss in the tower where you get Relentless Heart was easy-peasy, I generally find it much less difficult than IV and V so far. No signs of AP so far, everything's okay.

14. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

game looks nice.
    I've just downloaded the patch.

It looks like a retro update :p (good port)

15. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I don't think that urn monster was AP... seems like a mimic but in an urn instead, huh?

16. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

At least monsters are now nicely animated.

17. LuckyTrouble77

No, no, it was just a powerful enemy. I did a level grind for about four levels per character, wooped the Urnexpected's ass, then beat the boss really easily.

18. Blade5406

How to unlock hidden job classes, anyone know?

19. LuckyTrouble77

I would say, just start mastering everything. You probably need some mystery combinations.

20. Blade5406

It seems I need some books :s

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/snes/dq6/classes.shtml

snes version though^

DS version items needed for hidden jobs:

Dragonic Diligence & Liquid Metal Mind