1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest V DS, Boat Help?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iPortal, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whatever08

Whatever08 Member

hm yea I enable it but still the ship never dock, is there anything else I must do besides talking to the captain?

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Looks like you need to look around a bit more. Talk to the captain, your father, everyone.

This game doesn't lay out everything for you, you have to finish certain quests before you can continue, and the quests are not told to you unless you talk to Everyone!

3. Whatever08

Whatever08 Member

Wow ok thanks so much, think it finally works! :D

4. majinator

majinator New Member

Same problem.. with the boat thing...
    I have an R4.. what am i meant to do, well i dont know where to find the cheat or where to put it...

5. Mudveins

Mudveins New Member

My question is what's the extra guff hiding in my DQ5 (U) folder? xdelta.exe, xpa-dqvu.fix and xpa-dqvu.bat

I know one's a program and one's a batch file but why did whoever threw them in with the game not add a readme, I haven't a clue what to do with them. Do I run them in the folder on my computer? Do I leave them in when I copy the folder to my R4? Do I remove them? Any ideas?

6. TirithRR

There is a readme:

xpa-dqvu.nfo

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would guess its an anti-copy protection patch.

8. Mudveins

Mudveins New Member

Right, the .nfo file didn't read on my computer, told me it was corrupted or something

9. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

are you sure? open with note pad

10. TirithRR

Ya, windows XP tries to open NFO files with the system information. You need to change it to open with Notepad or Wordpad.

11. Loonylion

there's a program specially designed for viewing .nfo files called 'damn nfo viewer' (google it). notepad usually works though.

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Majinator, update usrcheat.dat database.

13. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

cheats.gbatemp.net download the US/EU one and put it into the _system_ folder and your good.

14. mapleleafy

mapleleafy Member

Download no$gba 2.6a. Note 2.6a, not 2.6. It may take a few tries, but you will find the link after googling eventually. After that, open up your Dragon Quest V Hand of the Heavenly Bride (E) rom, and load up. Before you do anything, check that your save state is 64 kb, and that under the help: about on the top right, it states 2.6a. After that, go to Utility: cheats, add new, and click on action replay ds button.
    In the larger text box type this:
    0200819C E3A00000
    020081A0 E12FFF1E

Then for the smaller text box, type a description for the cheat, like protection bypass cheat etc. It should work fine after this.

15. Loonylion

you don't need to google it, it's on our boards. Use the forum search from the main forum index.

16. chuamingshu

chuamingshu Member

is the U version suppose to be in english cos my isnt any help?

17. Tophalion

Tophalion Active Member

I have a M3 simply ds. So after you run the bat file, do you patch it with the lazy ds?

18. anandjones

You shouldn't need to. Just use the fix AR code.

19. Tophalion

Tophalion Active Member

i cant seem to have the option to use the cheats, i have the newest ones, like i got gta china wars to work.

20. anandjones

You can try patching the ROM with the code using DSATM etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.