1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dragon Quest Trilogy Is Coming to the DS! (So is Dragon Quest IX!)

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by DragonQuester, Jul 18, 2008.

1. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Dragon Quest Trilogy Confirmed for U.S.
    More classic JRPG remakes are on the way.

by Daemon Hatfield

(From IGN)

May 21, 2008 - Today Square Enix confirmed that the Zenithia trilogy, Dragon Quests IV, V, and VI remade for the Nintendo DS, will be making its way from Japan to North America. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen will kick off the party on September 16. The publisher also revealed the subtitles for parts V and VI: Hand of the Heavenly Bride, and Realms of Reverie, respectively.

Yes I know Dragon Quest IV already had a fan translaion, but its coming on September 16 2008!

As for Dragon Quest V, it was already released in Japan on July 17, so we'll just have to wait a few months to get a glance at the US version!

Now Dragon Quest VI, there isnt much said about it yet, but I cannot wait for it to come out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dragon Quest IX (9)

(From IGN)

Publisher: Square Enix
    Platform: Nintendo DS
    Release Date: December 31, 2008
    Release Region: United States

Wow! It seems so long from now, but it actually isnt! Just a few more months to spare!

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Okay, not really emulation but oh well. I remember posting news of Dragon Quest IX a few months back.

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Yah, I remember as well.

4. DragonQuester

lol same here, but I am really excited about these games! By the end of 2009, I will be happy with all of these games! I just cant wait any longer! Darn it Japan, they get to look at the cool games first :-\

5. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

This is awesome ;D I never really had chance to play the old Dragon Quest games, only VIII which was good :)
    I can't wait! I like the two on DS already so i'll be really happy :) This is good news!

6. DragonQuester

Damn, im so impatient about this... Why cant they release this in the US? Okay, I understand that it takes a while, but i look on IGN DS. com/releasedates, and I see CHRONO TRIGGER DS coming out December 1! Wow, that was fast... They planed that faster than a cheetah.... It was only a few months ago when they wanted to create Chrono Trigger for the DS, and now its already decided... Howver, for DQ, it takes SURPRISINGLY long... :-\

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

fast is often a bad sign...

8. anandjones

Hopefully the DQ games will be good then, it wouldn't take that long to create a port of Chrono Trigger to DS with some expert programmers and such, would just have to take the DS's restrictions in mind.

9. DragonQuester

Darn it, i just wish they could come to the us earlier... Because I've already beaten DQ4 (partially translated) on the DS... and now thats the first one coming out *early*.. Everyday, I google "Dragon Quest 5/6 US release date" but i'll just have to wait even longer

10. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I tried the japanese DQ4 (no trans) but i couldn't understand it all so gave up, couldn't find translation :( I'll wait but won't like waiting too long, there may be delays though...

11. anandjones

There's a in-game code which can change the language to english, just needs a patch or Action Replay code applied, not very good translation though.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I know but I'd rather play the actual {u} rom and wait, the {u} one will also have more cheats for it.

13. DragonQuester

Yeah same here, but i already beat it.... But i beat it without cheats because there was none.. I didnt want to ruin the gameplay, but now that i've beaten it, i might as well use cheats

EDIT: DQIV has just been released as a rom!

14. anandjones

Chapters of the Chosen is out, related.

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Yup, now i'm looking for cheats ;)

16. Reider

Reider Modereider

If it wasn't so lagtastic on the world map, I'd probably be playing it right now.

I'm using No$GBA 2.6a before you ask and I've tried virtually everything I can think of as far as fixes go, so I'm just gonna put this one off for the time being and go back to my stack of games I haven't finished for the consoles I own. :p

17. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

You need an R4 Reider... Or one of it's clones like M3 and CycloDS...
    Well onto cheating for me ;D

18. kallios

kallios Member

I think SE already heard you because I hear they gonna release a chrono triggerDS for when On Gamefaqs its said In november 30th

19. anandjones

I said that, because I already then knew about CTDS coming out..